Sign in to follow this  
CoolAliasHere

Faenon Bloodmane (WIP)

I had mentioned in a previous post asking if people had a specific process or steps they used when painting models.  One of the themes I noticed from several was working from the smallest part out, and even from the face out.  It was mentioned that it makes the model more "alive" to start with the face.  So, today I did just that.  I have to say, I feel like I know where I am going now with this piece.  Almost like the little guy is talking to me.  I am painting this one as a character for my D&D game, and seeing his face is helping me visualize more easily where I want the finished product to be.

Faenon Bloodmane - WIP

post-7013-0-15272600-1440249787_thumb.jpg

One of the effects I am going to attempt with this model is glowing.  I have the eyes solid green, with pale green iris.  Its hard to see in this picture, but the end result is going to be the various runes glowing similar green, as if he is casting a spell.  After a quick hit with a clear coat, I am going to try to wash in some lighter green around the eyes to give it a cascade effect.  Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks!

CAH

• Like 5

So far so good. Your skin tone is very nice, the beard as well. I'll just be over here munching on some popcorn, carry on.

Oh an update. I like this update, well done!

Edited by tiniest rhombus
  • Like 1

Here is with the armor wash started, and some of the details started.  I think I am going to scrap the idea of the glow for the time being.  Maybe work up to it on a monster piece, or something that I am not going to be using in games on a regular basis.  At any rate, here here is Faenon with his coldsteel hammer started and some other bits begun.  Moving closer and closer to a finsihed product.  I would be done by now if I hadnt had to let Real Life get in the way. lol

post-7013-0-76365100-1440266875_thumb.jpg

CAH

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this