Sign in to follow this  
Suden

Colour decision for a Half-Orc

So I'm working on a miniature for a a player in my game. She's a Half-Orc barbarian. I couldn't find one I really liked, and since I had just gotten my Norsgard KS rewards I decided to paint up the Mistress of the Hunt, since her face was covered and she had a greataxe like the player is using. I wanted to make the skin greenish, enough to look not human, but not comically green. I figured I would start with Clear Viridian along with a bit Ruddy leather for the base. I hoped the strong base would shine through and tint it. There are a lot of thin little strips of flesh between the leather straps, so I basically painted everything with the green base:
post-9243-0-03937700-1440438985_thumb.jpg
Then I used Alien Flesh and Bathalian Chitin mixed with Viridian for the layers. I do like how the skin turned out, even though the colour is a little too close to the head:
post-9243-0-04755100-1440439024.jpg

So the original plan was to paint the straps a darker reddish brown, but they actually look interesting green. I'm really torn over sticking to the original plan or finishing them green. The cloak is going to wind up white, the boots a darker brown, and the black on the leg will be metal. Any suggestions?

Edited by Suden
  • Like 5