Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

Carrion Crown Adventure Path - Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

(18 on my knowledge arcana for a 24 only a 4 on my religion for a 10 total.)

I could try and open the lock. I have some skill in that department, but unless it becomes needful, I say leave it well enough alone."

Nisha gets a mischievous glint in her eyes as she grins at the elf whose reading space she had shared "Well you are mostly like older than I and I have had it drummed in my head to respect my elders."

She paused as the scorpion hissed "Ah Eran reminds I may have forgotten my manners. I am Nisha as you may have already gathered based on everything."

(OOC: I forget if we had introduced ourselves or were assuming we had done so)

Zak goes over to the group reading and picks up the journal and reads through it. After he is done he states "I think we should not start our search with this whispering way, but should try to learn about the ruins mentioned in here." Zak then turns to Kendra. "I shall stay as long as you need me." Zak then continues to analyze the books on the shelves around him.

Edited by NightyKnight

At the question a small scorpion crawls out and waves its claws in a gesture of hello "He is my familiar and you could say the source of my interest in the occult. He was sent by my patron when I escaped my clan."

Nisha nods in agreement with the statement "We do need to deliver the books as requested though and I worry if we may encounter trouble with that. Then we will be free to pursue our own investigation into what he was investigating."

Nisha is the first to blurt out "Hey, I've heard of the Whispering way before!"

Andari and Saneriean listen to her account, and add in their own tidbits of lore they've collected over the years.

(OOC 24 was close to max, so the other two I'm putting into "Aid Another" duty, to bump you up to 26)

Research Topic: The Whispering Way

DC 10 (50 XP) The Whispering Way is a sinister organization of necromancers that has been active in the Inner Sea region for thousands of years.

DC 15 (100 XP) Agents of the Whispering Way often seek alliances with undead creatures, or are themselves undead.  The Whispering Way's most notorious member was Tar-Baphon, the Whispering Tyrant, although the society itself has existed much longer than even that mighty necromancer.

DC 20 (200XP) The Whispering Way itself is a series of philosophies that can only be transferred via whispers-the philosophies are never written or spoken of loudly, making the exact goals and nature of the secretive philosophy difficult for outsiders to learn much about.

DC 25 (400 XP) Exact details on the society are difficult to discern, but chief among the Whispering Way's goals are discovering formulae for creating liches and engineering the release of the Whispering Tyrant.  Agents often travel to remote sites or areas plagued by notorious haunts or undead menaces to perform field research or even capture unique monsters.  Their symbol is a gagged skull, and those who learn too many of the Way's secrets are often murdered, and their mouths mutilated to prevent their bodies from divulging secrets via Speak with Dead.

750 xp total/ 5 = 250 xp per character.

Nisha looks over at Kendra ands peaks softly "My lady. Did your father keep a library we could look at. It my have more information that could prove to be useful if your father's fears were correct."

Kendra looks up as if distracted.

"Why, yes, Nisha.  Although you see books scattered in this foyer, his main library is upstairs.   If it would help you during your stay here, you are welcome to study there, any time of day or night."

A thought occurs to her.  "There are three other sizeable collections of knowledge in Ravengro.  The Town Hall maintains extensive records, but it may prove difficult to convince them to let you examine them."

She sighs and then smiles.  "The Temple of Pharasma has extensive records of the town's history.  They, too, are unlikely to allow you in unless you can convince them of your trustworthiness."
She thoughtfully wipes some hair out of her face and continues.  "Finally, The Unfurling Scroll is the town schoolhouse and magic item shop.  Alendru Ghoroven will allow you to read from his library, but he charges a daily fee to visiting scholars."

"Stedey Wythe," Stedey says, and he stands, moves to each person in an effort to shake every hand. His open, boyish face starkly contrasts with his large, muscular frame. He repeats his name, with a smile, to everyone individually. "Stedey Wythe. Stedey Wythe. Stedey Wythe."

After further talk of studies and books, however, Stedey looks a bit glummer. "I reckon I can read if I have to. I don't suppose you got something else needs doing, though, do you?"

Nisha smiles at Stedey "Likely sooner than we like if this turns out to be a pressing issue. I likely do need a few supplies for my pouch for my spells and such."

(OOC: I need to buy a spell component pouch. I forgot to do so.)