Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

Carrion Crown Adventure Path - Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

"Please, my guests. Let us eat." Says Kendra.

She subtly herds you all to the dining room. The serving personnel show you to your seats. The dining table is highly polished, fine construction, and seats up to 12. She sits at one head, and Andari ends up at the other head. A large meal is presented in several courses. Root vegetables stewed in wine, small pheasant, noodles with beef in creamy beef gravy, and finished off with fried strips of dough sprinkled in powdered sugar.

At one point during the meal, Kendra stands and raises her glass to toast. "To my father's friends. Though bonds of honor keep you here now, may those be replaced by bonds of friendship. I hope Ravengro may come to embrace you as I have."

(At that, she casts the briefest glance at Andari).

(OOC ) The time is about 3 pm.

Sunset comes at 6pm.

3 votes for the Magic Shop.

Anyone else want to do anything else here at Kendra's house?

• Like 1

"May Desna's blessings fall upon this house and all those in it." Andari replies after Kendra's toast.

"As it appears that we all will be taking up our hostesses most kind offer of hospitality during our stay here," at this he nods his head in thanks to Kendra, "I suggest that we stow our belongings in our rooms and then rejoin here to go and see what can be found at the shop.  In the morning, perhaps I can go to the the Church and see what assistance can be had on that front.  Our two Lady's have worked together in the past, so mayhap their mortal servants can as well"

Nisha nodded "That plan suits me. I admit I know almost nothing on religion. So I would be ill suited to trying to speak with priests or clerics."

I only have a +4 Diplomacy. Plus I'm a half-orc, not a very welcome race in the country. So she would rather leave the talking to those with a silver tongue.

(Perhaps Sanerian was reacting with grief and annoyance at the interruption of the funeral procession)

(OOC: Andari isn't very diplomatic(+2).  He can be intimidating (+7 )and can sniff out a lie (+10).  He is also very perceptive (+14).)

(Assuming that Kendra does not accompany us; if she does then Andari will wait until a more private time to bring up the subject with the rest of his companions)

After stashing his pack and gear in the room provided, Andari awaits the rest of his compatriots.  Once the leave the mansion, he brings up a delicate subject.

"I did not want to bring this up in front of Kendra, but I am concerned about the possible actions of the citizens protesting at the graveyard this morning.  I fear that one or more of  them may get it their heads to did up the Professor's coffin.  They seemed quite adamant that his body not be interred there.  Some of us may want to keep a watch over his grave site tonight."

"A fair notion. I will volunteer myself. I have a few small tricks that could give them a bit of a fright if they are the superstitious sort"

Stedey eats dinner quietly, quickly but otherwise with notably good, formal, manners. After dinner he visits his guest room upstairs but returns still toting his small mountain of gear. He listens to the plans' being made and shrugs.

"I'll go with," he says. "And watch the professor, tonight, if you really think we ought to. I don't want these people messing with him."

(Knowledge (local) check = d20 +2 = lol 8

I'm about to start using real dice; I think this roller's gone south on me.)