I'm alive (Part Three) Return of the Cranky

Cranky Dog

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized it's been three months today since I got the heart overhaul.

And let me tell you:

I

Feel

Great pretty much like used to feel a year ago. Sadly, I didn't gain any superpowers. :huh:

True, in the three months prior to the surgery I was feeling gradually worse, and the recovery was painful at times, but right now it's all a fading memory (if it weren't for the scars and pills). It probably worried the rest of my family far more than myself. Probably a good idea to be nice to them.

• Like 9

Heeeey, it's been a year today since I've been SCARRED FOR LIFE! i.e. my open heart surgery. I still have one monster scar right in the middle of my chest. I think I'll call it Larry.

I am sad to announce that it still has *not* given me bionic superpowers (not even over minis), even with combined effects of an artificial heart valve, a synthetic aorta and a pacemaker. :devil:

Aside from that, the cardiologist says everything is well. Muscle tissue around the heart healed well, I feel I have the same level of energy as I used to.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 10

Heeeey, it's been a year today since I've been SCARRED FOR LIFE! i.e. my open heart surgery. I still have one monster scar right in the middle of my chest. I think I'll call it Larry.

I am sad to announce that it has *not* given me bionic superpowers (not even over minis), even with combined effects of an artificial heart valve, a synthetic aorta and a pacemaker. :devil:

Aside from that, the cardiologist says everything is well. Muscle tissue around the heart healed well, I feel I have the same level of energy as I used to.

That's wonderful to hear!!! :bday:^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Hmm, two years now since I went under the knife and bone saw and got the cardiac upgrade. :wub:

Knees and back ache, but the heart feels good.

The one thing I finally noticed this year is the side effects of my heart meds. Specifically, the beta-blockers (metoprolol). It's making me more tired, or rather limits my maximum level of energy. Being an adrenaline blocker, it feels like I can't get hyper anymore, and it's been noticed at work by coworkers. I'm too passive, and dozing off during meetings is a no-no. If I were retired, it wouldn't be a problem, but I'm in my mid-40s and still want to be active.

I want to speak to my cardiologist for other options (I was on other kinds before the surgery, with different side-effects), but the bugger moved to another province last November and I only learned about it this week. They never referred me to another cardiologist, so I had to contact my family doctor for a new referral.