BASIUS 2.5 - The Tabletop Wargames Base Stamp System Returns

SamuraiJack

• Members

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2023606288/basius-25-the-tabletop-wargames-base-stamp-system/description

About this project

dfeaa93f5eb6b70ac2f8cd55855606e3_origina

1b1bb497cb88af649bbc8dc0bdeb7fd1_origina

Since the Basius 2 Kickstarter last year we have received so many requests for pads that we decided to do it all over again!

3e11f7669972caed11a675db61d18052_origina

This project gives new gamers a chance to get their first pads, and previous backers a chance to get more pads from the ever growing collection.

8dfe8e10f5a62f10849fae9f6a6babff_origina

WHAT IS BASIUS?

For those who don't yet know - Basius is a brilliant way of sculpting your own unique miniature bases & scenery. By using your own plastic bases, some green stuff and our series of 7 Inch Purple Double Sided Solid Resin Negatively-Textured Press Pads you can enhance your armies and collections in awesome ways.

Every 7 Inch Square BASIUS Pad has textured areas on each side that are 6 Inches by 6 Inches - and as you get 2 sides on each BASIUS Pad - you get a LOT of texture to sculpt with!

They are easy to use & easy to store - Just place them vertically on a shelf like a set of novels when you are not using them!

5fac37ac8228c9528b72a3341cc86186_originaA BASIUS Pad (Spine - Like a book spine)

c0907f9f7ffa70ca48b1098161e1c356_originaSide A of the same BASIUS Pad

0de3156750b6f8325677bd48381d647d_originaSide B of the same BASIUS Pad

How To Use BASIUS

• Just grab a base
  • Cover it with a blob of Green Stuff
  • Wet the Pad texture & base surface (I use a little spray bottle & tap water)
  • Press the base hard into the Pad & remove it (don't worry, they are very strong)
  • Cut off the overhanging Green Stuff and save it to use on your next base (no need to waste a speck of the stuff that way!)
  • Edit the sculpt to suit you - Press figure foot prints or miniature 'Bitz' into it if you like, as well as magnets or flight sticks etc - whatever you want!
Newbie Hints: In order to capture all the detail apply a good deep blob of Green Stuff to your base, and press into the Pad hard until the resin pad texture touches the plastic base, then pull it off. Most of the Green Stuff will then be overhanging the edges of your base - slice this off and use it on the next base you make! I like to use hobby pliers when I pull the base off the Pad and when I slice the overhang so I dont get fingerprints on my bases. Doing this = No Wasted Green Stuff & Uber Detail!

2f911f3afea34aa318089478fa4c3413_originaMade using the BASIUS Pad shown above - This 20mm Warhammer-Style base shows just one of many 1000's of unique sculpts that YOU can make using BASIUS

8dfe8e10f5a62f10849fae9f6a6babff_origina

The BASIUS Collection - 19 Pad Designs

3994763785daf0b2f0068d1c73b02700_origina

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 7

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's £6 less for the 3 than it was for the last KS.

I'm surprised that this is allowed, since it is basically using KS as a webstore.

Shipping for 3 last time was £9.

This time it is £27 for 3 pads shipped to the US.

Pass.

• Like 4

The shipping cost is added once you select a pledge level.

I picked the 3 pads, and it gave me the £27 rate.

1 Pad to the US is £13

2 pads to the US is £22

Edited by Qwyksilver
Added for 1 and 2 pads as well
  • Like 2

It's £6 less for the 3 than it was for the last KS.

I'm surprised that this is allowed, since it is basically using KS as a webstore.

Shipping for 3 last time was £9.

This time it is £27 for 3 pads shipped to the US.

Pass.

I love my pads from Basius 2, but thought the same thing - nothing new, shouldn't be a project. I checked out KS's rules though, and they must have relaxed their policies. No reason according to their "report a project" section that matches, so I'm guessing it's okay. 

Still, this just seems like a way to avoid managing an inventory.

Yeah, I would love to order a couple more, since I had to limit myself to 4 last time, but at $41 for shipping.  Especially when last time it was only $13, I will have to pass.  I also don't like that this is effectively using KS as a webstore, even more blatantly than other companies have done in the past.  This is 100% selling nothing more or less than what the previous KS was funded to create.  No new product.

They are not using Mantic.  They are having the company that casts the molds mail them directly.

Why? Mierce does it all the time and so do a lot of other companies nowadays. I don't think KS cares because they still get their 10% cut regardless as long as the thing funds. 

• Like 2