Sign in to follow this  
prophetic_joe

Mice and Mystics: Filch and Maginos

Great work on the mouses! I wanted to try this game but I just couldn't get into the head space of a game where cats are the bad guys!  :devil:

Great work on the mouses! I wanted to try this game but I just couldn't get into the head space of a game where cats are the bad guys!  :devil:

The cat is really more of a force of nature than a "bad guy"--if that helps.

He is still an a-hole though.  :lol:

• Like 1

Great work on the mouses! I wanted to try this game but I just couldn't get into the head space of a game where cats are the bad guys! :devil:

They're not! Brody the cat is more of a chaotic force of nature. He reappears every so often and does, of course, try to attack the mice and they do have to drive him off, but only his paw is reprinted on the board, and he's not a villain per se. The real villains are evil humans who have been turned into Rats and such, while Brody is a regular old tomcat.

Edit: ninja'd above!

Edited by breegull

Great work on the mouses! I wanted to try this game but I just couldn't get into the head space of a game where cats are the bad guys! :devil:

They're not! Brody the cat is more of a chaotic force of nature. He reappears every so often and does, of course, try to attack the mice and they do have to drive him off, but only his paw is reprinted on the board, and he's not a villain per se. The real villains are evil humans who have been turned into Rats and such, while Brody is a regular old tomcat.

Edit: ninja'd above!

I call BS, cats are always the bad guys.

• Like 1

Dai-Mongar, I can't help but read that as "Adora the Explorable" who must surely be the goddess of carnal curiosity.

Prophetic Joe: those mice are totally adorable :D

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Here are two groups of vermin I had the pleasure to throw at the players last weekend. 03394, Rat Swarm sculpted by Sandra Garrity.
      These are pewter version of the model and I mounted them on 25mm base.

• By Rob Dean
      Continuing with my goal to play some Burrows and Badgers, I was working with the travel paint set on a couple of mice, a knight and a scribe....

• By Puggeroni
      Totally new to the Reaper brand, so forgive me if this is mentioned somewhere else.....

When I look at the Mousling line of minis,  I see a few different models that are listed as 2 separate SKUs and 2 different prices but there's zero information about them so I don't know what's up with that.  For example with SKU 03744 it's $7.49, while  —  SKU 77290 is $2.99 (Mousling Druid & Beekeeper).  I've also noticed this with the King & Princess, Ranger & Yeoman, etc.   The cheaper models are shown with a B next to them on the table as well.  The only other difference I've noticed is release dates. 

I saw one thread mention different SKU's for different materials but it didn't mention the 03XXX SKUs.  Can someone help me? 

I want them all but don't want to buy the same thing at two different prices if they are, in fact, the same thing.  
    • By CoolAliasHere
      Ever played Mice and Mystics from Plaid Hat Games? Its great fun! Here are the main characters from the core game painted up to match their cards. The colors along the bases of the minis are to represent their color from the card, and to easily identify them on the board.  Tilda was posted once before here.  All of these pieces were painted using the MSP Bones paints.  Enjoy!

Colin and Tilda

Filch and Lily

Nez and Maginos

CAH
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting the Biocognator Golem from Wolsung, a steampunk robot piloted by a pair of lab mice who are determined to take over the world. There is a WIP thread for it here.

Biggest lesson I've learnt painting this one? Don't use Vallejo Gunmetal Blue as a main colour!
      There's a nicely detailed mini in there somewhere, but the metallic blue just makes the whole thing too dark when photographed.
      As least it looks fairly good in hand.

Any comments and criticisms are, as always, warmly received.
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 216 Guests (See full list)