Hey, Ladies and gent.

Doing a quick edit , because what makes sence on two hours of sleep and eight matter lol.

So I noticed alot of people where asking about armatures so I thought I would show the type I use.

I use a 1/8 threaded rod about 3 feet long cut it in half.

Put one end into a board to your desired length a minium of a inch, if you are having stability issues a thicker board can be used. Drill a hole 1/8 wide put rod into it twisting it into place.

Then you use "forget the offical name but the clamp that you use for clothes lines" as far down as you like until you reach the desired higtht. "make sure the threaded bolts coming out of the clamp are 1/8 inch aswell.

Remove one nut and replace it with a long nut.

Screw your second piece of threaded rod into the long nut. Then the long nut onto the clamp closer line thing.

You can cut the rod coming off of the long nut to any length you like "obviously the farther the rod goes the less stable it is".

Here is some pics please ignore the sculpt on it, it is only a couple of hours old and far far far from nearly done lol.

image.jpg1_10.jpg

image.jpg4_8.jpg

image.jpg3_9.jpg

image.jpg5_6.jpg

image.jpg2_9.jpg

Once that is built and you build your armature for your model you place it near the end of the horizontal rod.

Place a nut washer at the end and place your armature there, then place the rod though the armature "preferably through the back/back of waist" then place another washer/nut there to pin it in place.

There you go done and done your armature and your stand to hold it in place.

Forgot to add when you like you can lossen the nuts on the clamp and move it up and down as often as you like.

Edited by Ogrechubbs
  • Like 8

Now that you have your stand time for the armature. There is more techniques then you can imagine here so I will show my favorite picswill be added tonight. The easiest for perportion and to avoid streching the leg or arm. Like when you make your armature then bend it to make them in motion and one leg or arm somehow grows ir shrinks.

Build your armature by grabing a wire with plires and twisting softly to half the hight of the sculpt will be. Then pull the wires diagonally for the hips generally 1/8 the total highth is what i do. Then bring the wire down the same length as the upper part plus a inch to help place in a base or ground the character is on.

Now remember the arms are generally half the length of the body BUT if you add them with out thinking they will shrink when you add the chest. So figure out width of chest and add that to the wire for the arms.

Now here comes a easy part,place green stuff on all the firm areas that can't bend "well not normally" such as forarms biceps/triceps same goes for legs and chest. Once the green stuff is here and not very thick "or what ever other clay you are using".you can then move the body to your hearts content and the wire can't be moved and you will not get a weird circle shaped arm because the places that can't be moved are already hardened and thus you can only move the joints.

Edited by Ogrechubbs