Getting to Know Each Other --- September Edition

Question for September 27th: Are you planning to watch the eclipse that will happen today?

Question for September 28th: Did you watch today's eclipse?

Didn't even know about it!

I've just googled for the time in this area...if I can stay awake then I'll watch it (1:10am) ...so I don't hold out much hope, but we'll see. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New TV shows:- Tried the new season of Dr. Who (meh), everything else I'm watching returns in October or later. Not sure about any new new TV shows, don't know what's been picked up for showing in the UK yet.

Eclipse:- I would, but I don't think it happens until way past my bed-time.

• Like 1

Question for September 27th: Are you planning to watch the eclipse that will happen today?

I plan to watch it. Unless I get distracted or forget about it or (unlikely) am asleep already or just don't feel like it or it's too cold or cloudy or something. Basically I'm intensely unreliable in these matters. ::):
  • Like 1

The weather should be fine, and I live in an area where we're getting the full effect. So it might happen.

• Like 1

I had no clue, so no and no :blink:

Gah!!! I didn't know until just now. It's already done. So... No.. I guess. :down:

Guys, its ~about~ T minus 12 hours to the eclipse (as I type this). You haven't missed it yet.

• Like 3

Yes.

Probably not. I'm dealing with some serious sleep issues ATM and staying up late is difficult and has unpleasant results in the morning.

• Like 1

I had no clue, so no and no :blink:

Gah!!! I didn't know until just now. It's already done. So... No.. I guess. :down:

Guys, its ~about~ T minus 12 hours to the eclipse (as I type this). You haven't missed it yet.

Oh Ok :blush: :blush: :blush:

• Like 2

Question for September 25th: Do you make use of the Oxford comma?

Where appropriate, yes. And since I usually only use that kind of sentence structure to make lists, I almost always use it. I never knew it had a name though.

Question for September 26th: Did you watch any of the new TV shows this week? (The new fall telly schedule1 rolled out for the CONUS2  this week.)

Yes, but, predictably, we watched the all OnDemand. We hardly ever watch anything in it's normal time slot. Let's see if I can remember them:

Heroes Reborn, Big Bang Theory,  Bastard Executioner, umm... well I know we watched other stuff, but I can't remember what :lol:

Most likely no. I will be working, and it will probably be cloudy here. It's cloudy now  :unsure:

• Like 2

Always, I even require it of my writing staff.  It never causes confusion when added, but it's omission can cause confusion and errors.  When you are dealing with products that can maim and kill, confusion is not a good thing.

• Like 4

Always, I even require it of my writing staff.  It never causes confusion when added, but it's omission can cause confusion and errors.  When you are dealing with products that can maim and kill, confusion is not a good thing.

Unless you're a lawyer...

• Like 1

You totally missed a chance to not use the comma by saying harm, maim and kill.  :D

• Like 3