Sign in to follow this  
Pampala

77158: Arrius, Skeletal Warrior

I remember long ago, painting one warrior from my handful of Ral Partha miniatures in luminescent paint to "make him a ghost". In daylight he was a sickly yellow, and a dirty, uneven green in the dark.

This one looks much better!

:wub: I love him :wub:

The glowing eyes are a really nice touch (what brand of paint did you use?) but that freehand on the cape is absolutely the standout to me!

Thank you all. The daylight green color is Vallejo Fluo Green, the glowing color is Pentart GLOW acrylic paint. Pentart is Hungarian producer with the pages translated to english only halfaway.

• Like 1

VERY IMAGINATIVE! The glow actually seems to be making the armor visible in the dark. In full light, the Living Impaired Warrior looks WONDERFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

...From now on, every miniature I paint will glow in the dark.....every single one :)

I do hope your display cabinet isn't in your bedroom.

• Like 2

That's fricking awesome!!!

I love the freehand on his cloak, and I don't think you need to redo his sword; it looks suitably weathered and ancient, just like the owner.

The only thing that would have made this any better would have been if you used a bit of the glow in the dark paint in the freehand skull on the back of the cloak.

Bought myself transparent glowing colors. From now on, every miniature I paint will glow in the dark.....every single one :)

And they shall all be placed in the guest bedroom when the in-laws visit...

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I just finished the Colossal Skeleton that I've had for a couple years now.  For the longest time I was holding off because I was afraid of doing a mini so much bigger than all the rest.  I've gotten some nice reviews on some of my recent stuff so I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at my first large figure.  I have several sets much larger than even this guy so I had to start somewhere.  The closeup pics show how much work I did on the fur for the back lioncloth as well as the wood grain lines I painted on the planks on his right thigh.  I based him on a wooden plaque my mom was getting rid of that I painted black.  I was doing more work on the base, it was supposed to have some more colours in it but I messed up on the drybrushing so I called it finished and hid the mistake with some static grass .  So far one friend has told me the blue rags pull him out of the mini because they look too new and blue while the rest of him is old and rotted.  Maybe he could do with some more staining on the blue but it doesn't bother me much.  Anyways, enough preamble, I hope you all like him enough as my first large mini!

Edit: forgot to apologize for the make-believe "lightbox" photos, but that's how it goes.

• By lazarp
      Gave this model a different arm and hand pose, sculpted a wooden stick and used a resin bit from avatars of war necromancer for the spear head. This was a speedpaint that took probably around an hour. Thanks for looking!

The original model:

• By Brianuk
      I think I have got the right mini name. He or she is from Fan Favourites. Painted simply, Scale 75 black metal, then a wash, then drybrush with Army Painter rough iron/rust colour. Tried to do a water effect on the base, layers of gloss mod podge with green ink and bits of wood from a log bag in the middle. 

• By Brianuk
      Enjoyed painting these and adding a bog effect to the base. A tan primer, brown wash, metal in rusted iron, clothes in Army Painter Griffin Blue, then a mixed green and brown Army Painter wash over the whole thing. Water effects base in usual way, gloss mod podge over paint, log bag sweepings, tufts. 

• By giyomuSan
      Hi guys, I just finished that big guy :)

• Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)