Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Metalchaos
      Disciplined like a hobgoblin, I'm staying home painting some stuff. Here's a Chainmail Miniatures model 88349, hobgoblin fighter I completed last night. This model was sculpted by Mike McVey and produced by Wizards of the Coast in 2001 for the Drazen's Horde faction. I used Reaper’s MSP acrylics to paint it. Stay safe and disciplined.
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting 'Pop' Bodkin (From the game Wolsung by Micro Art Studio) father of Hazel Bodkin, he works in the same automaton factory as a maintenance engineer. Like many older, country born Halflings he hasn't got into the habit of wearing shoes, despite the near-constant danger of something heavy falling on his toes.
       
      Turned out to be a surprisingly characterful mini, so I had a lot of fun painting him. Still need to work on my stamped bases.
       
      As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By GlenP
      This Bombshell Miniatures' 75mm resin Tara purchased at last year's ReaperCon. She's actually a skosh over 80mm. She's also listed as 1/24th scale, which puts her a tad over six feet. The kit is four pieces - body/legs/upper arms/head, lower arms incorporating a head and sword, and a small rocky base.  The body is well toned with noticeable muscle definition. My example had a large resin blob hanging down betwixt her legs (the one time I don't check a figure for issues/parts). Anywho, Dremel to the rescue. I routed out the blob and reshaped her thighs. Since her skirt is very short, I painted in a pair of expensive solid black tactical La Perla boyshorts. Nuthin' but the best... The rest is of the casting was fine although the sword scaled out to over 40 inches and was too thick. I took some of the length off and thinned it down. I also added a scabbard, since none was included. An odd omission... I also added a secondary weapon in the form of a boot knife. The skin tones are the new Bones colors and, since she has a barbarian look about her, I imparted a somewhat dirty and sweaty look to her - no smooth boudoir look transitions here. I also toned down the highlights in her hair - barbarian vs shampoo commercial. I did add a bit of makeup to her face (contradictory, I know). All other paints are Reaper's MSPs. The base was extended with Aves Apoxie Sculpt, stippled with an old oil painting brush with kitty litter rocks and pebbles. I added pointed ears to the severed head, and painted it using the Dark Elf Skin triad.
       
      Qs and Cs welcomed.
       
      Glen
       
       






    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Hazel Bodkin (She's from the game Wolsung by Micro Arts Studio), walking home from her shift at the new-fangled automaton factory, she always makes sure to carry her slingshot, just in case she runs into one of those ruffians who make a sport of tormenting the wee folk.
       
      Made a bit of a mess painting her boobs (it was harder to get a brush in there than I thought it would be) and I'm still not great at using my basing stamps, but overall I'm pleased with the result.
       
      As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
    • By GlenP
      On top of the Sherman Jumbo, I have a new project. This is Frozen Ninja 3D's resin bust of a cloaked gal holding a small flaming dragon. I picked it up ReaperCon last fall.
       
      There are four parts: a base, a robed torsos, a hooded head, and a pair of arms holding the dragon. Over the casting was good, but there were some issues with the resin sheaving (splitting off in layers) in the arms and the underside of the torso. These were sanded down, the given a layer of putty, then further sanded down. You can see the putty in the pics.
       
      I also hollowed out the sleeves and a portion of the hood. These were filled in almost to the opening. I used a Dremel tool and ball cutters to hollow them out and tried to match the inside with the exterior folds.
       
      One unique (to me) thing is the base; there is a two-leve' base with some symbols on it, and small stone house built on top of that. The roof structure is built into the torso's back. It sure beats the usual brass rod...
       
      Pics are where I'm at so far.
       
      Qs and Cs welcomed.









  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...