Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

The Dragon Eye - Wood Display Base

That REALLY is COOL. There are all sorts of wonderful, natural thingies laying about; it just a matter of having the imagination to see the potential. CONGRATULATIONS on possessing a FINE imagination & the skills to turn out such an OUTSTANDING piece. VERY WELL DONE!

The mini Xherman suggest would be an interesting addition...The Grand Arcane Optometrist. You just need a large scale eye dropper & the Sacred Saline Solution.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Good morning, folks.  Thanks for the likes.

I suggest this:

https://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/60136

She will wait for instructions from the eye.

Nice.  She is quite intriguing.

That REALLY is COOL. There are all sorts of wonderful, natural thingies laying about; it just a matter of having the imagination to see the potential. CONGRATULATIONS on possessing a FINE imagination & the skills to turn out such an OUTSTANDING piece. VERY WELL DONE!

The mini Xherman suggest would be an interesting addition...The Grand Arcane Optometrist. You just need a large scale eye dropper & the Sacred Saline Solution.

LMAO

Thanks for the morning laugh.

It was a near thing finishing it.  So much can go wrong once you have that much invested with a piece.  I added a last layer of Realistic Water and overflowed the original space.  There was much screaming and swearing as well as frantic wiping and cleaning.  Luckily I got it under control and could remedy the overrun.

• Like 5

VERY cool piece!

Maybe just hang it on the wall by your front door so it can watch people come in!

Now, to find something to put on it ...

Perhaps a Barbarian leaning on his axe.  Right, Ub3r?

Doesn't the dragon normally land on the barbarian?

:devil:

8)

George

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

I could go with an inside joke amongst our group and place a mage waving his fingers at the eye.

Once, long ago, we ran D&D using 1st Edition rules and if your PC died you came back as a 1st level PC.  Harsh, yes, but agreed upon.  Hanging with higher level PCs got you leveled fairly quickly any way.

*story mode*

The troop of adventurers had been hired by the kingdom to investigate rumors that a destroyed capitol city had resurfaced in the Timeless Desert created by its destruction. And so they were sent to find it and retrieve what relics they could find. The Timeless Desert is a sea of sand and while arid, it was freezing there. Little grew in the wake of the destruction and fewer things traversed it.

The group was given a magic cloth. Anything not living could be teleported back to the new capitol with ease.

The desert was controlled by the enemy, Frost Giants led by Thrym himself.

So after much careful travel and none-to-easy successes the now much advanced party of adventurers made it to Arik, the Lost City of Markshire.

They had just reached the city and set out to place a Magic Marker that would allow the wizards of Markshire to return them to this location in the future.

Unfortunately for them their presence was detected by the Frost Giants and their bears. The group fought them and slew them all but not before a brave soul was lost.

They packed the body up and sent it back via the Cloth.

The other magical property of the Cloth of Returning was sending the Cloth itself back. Everyone would grab an edge and with an incantation they could all return to Stonemark.

They held a funeral for their fallen comrade and selected a new adventurer to join them in their quest. A lowly mage he may have been but he was quick of wit and had the praise of the Academy.

It was learned not long after he joined them that he'd begun practicing some necromancy. And while it wasn't forbidden, it was looked down upon. But they continued in their mission.

Several encounters later the party had found Hill Giants had taken over the newly uncovered ruins of Arik.

A battle ensued near a central well and a mighty champion was killed by the group.

After the roar of battle ended and the party began to take stock of itself they heard a commotion from the well itself.

A bellowing and commanding voice had called up the well for dinner.

Sneaking a peek at the owner of the voice, it was learned that a blue dragon was below.

The party thought on the matter and decided to load the really over-sized bucket for the well with the bodies of the champion and another hill giant.

Then the whole thing was dropped on the head of the blue dragon.

They succeeded and killed the dragon below.

They scrambled over the ledge of the well and descended quickly down a rope to recover the dragon's horde.

They were gathered upon the body of the fallen dragon when they realized the great chamber wasn't empty.

A great and ancient blue wyrm was curled upon a make-shift throne, part statue and part gold pile.

The dragon drew a might breath ...

*I looked around the room and asked what they would do*

The majority said ... "I leap off the dragon and hide behind it."

The newly minted Necromancer's player shouted ... "I color spray it!" ... with glee and pantomimed waving fingers at the dragon towering above him.

... ... ...

It was at that moment, that the player, whose house we were at, was summoned upstairs to retrieve the popcorn his mother had made for us.

After some snickering from the group and the rolling of the ancient dragon's breath weapon revealed that the Necromancer was struck with nearly maximum damage, the player returned.

I explained to him that the dragon had breathed on him. Had him make his saving throw.

Then having failed the throw, I had him roll his System Shock and Resurrection Survival numbers for his Constitution (his worst attribute).

Then pronounced ... not to him, but the rest of the group ... "You are breathing the Necromancer."

It's brilliant, but I can hardly imagine covering any part of it with a figure.

It's brilliant, but I can hardly imagine covering any part of it with a figure.

It is hard ... I have considered standing the piece up and having it looking at a mini as well.

Smaug and Bilbo perhaps.

Or countless other dragon being awoken moments.

• Like 1

I sold this on Etsy to a lucky person in Wilkinson, Indiana.

Yay!

• Like 2