Help! There is something wrong with my wet palette!

knarthex

I just cut it with a pair of scissors, so no jagged edges....

The cut ends will be sharper than you want because the copper will hold an edge unlike other metals made into ribbons like lead so the "Jaggedness" of the cut does not matter.

If your scissors are sharp enough the ends of the copper could cut your hands if you don't handle it carefully.

• Like 2

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cut it with a pair of scissors, so no jagged edges....

The cut ends will be sharper than you want because the copper will hold an edge unlike other metals made into ribbons like lead so the "Jaggedness" of the cut does not matter.

If your scissors are sharp enough the ends of the copper could cut your hands if you don't handle it carefully.

Pretty trivial to roll the ends of the strip over with a pair of needle-nose pliers and crimp, BTW.

• Like 3

Another plentiful source of relatively pure copper is in wiring. Before you throw away that broken extension cord, coax cable or Ethernet cable, strip the insulation and see if it is copper. I leave a piece of stripped small gauge wire that's 4" or more in my wet pallete.

And since it solders easily, copper has many other uses in miniatures.

• Like 1