Sign in to follow this  
Melkavar

77049: Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger (Bones)

I had a request from one of the guys I play Pathfinder with (he is a GM for one campaign, and he plays in another). He wanted an elf with a bow to represent his PC in the new Hell's Rebels adventure path we started last week. His only requirements were that it be a male elf with a bow, black hair, and earth tones for the clothes. As you can see, I went with browns for the cloak/robe and green for the cowl. I may do some basing work on it later, but it's ready for the table top at least. I had a lot of fun painting this one!

post-14502-0-12059400-1441596509_thumb.jpg

post-14502-0-77376200-1441596524_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality photos. I can't find my SD card for my actual camera so I'm reduced to using my iPhone.  <_<

Edited by Melkavar
  • Like 11

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Here's an odd one.  Anyone know of a miniature of someone over-bundled up against the cold?  I have this vision of an elf who has made his home in a frigid land despite being unaccustomed to the weather.  Just wondering if there's a playful model like that out there of a character wearing too many cloaks and scarves.

It's not-essential but I would love the opportunity to bring this weird character to life.
      ----
      As an addendum, if you have suggestions for models that could be easily converted I'm also interested.  Or resources for sculpting scarves and the like.
    • By Shadespyre
      Hello Reaper friends!  You might remember I did a whole tribe of Hill Giants on a display board, with hex bases?

This is my follow up to that, this time: Stone Giants.

Errrm, it all got a bit out of hand, and I'd LOVE some input from you all, please

This is where I'm at after a week and I'm a bit stuck tbh.

I think I need to decide more about what the "finish" will look like before I go a lot further. Once I cover that foam with more than paint it's going to be harder to make changes. I'm thinking of sort of "cladding" it in pieces of slate, with sculpted  bits / groundwork in the gaps?

I'd also love to hear suggestions for other miniatures and features to add to the scene to break up those big open rocky spaces. Current extra bits and bobs are just there for a sense of scale and how extra minis might "interrupt" or "enhance" the scene.

Some next steps though:
      - cork around the hexes on the platforms for the bases to fit into
      - some sort of "door frame"
      - "box in" the sides (which are cut out of a continuing mountainside, in my head at least)

Please, rain your ideas and encouragements upon me!

• By Al Capwn
      This miniature will be roughly my third or fourth venture into the realm of oil paints. Everything, with exception to the metallics, eyeballs, and some skin highlights were done in oils. This is also my first attempt in basing in the style of James Wappel (wappellious) using Green Stuff World texture rollers, sculpey, and Vallejo texture paste.

No black paint was used in this exercise. I still can't take great photographs, but eventually I will get there!

WIP Shots:

• By MoonglowMinis
      Help! I'm hating this paintjob.

I grabbed this demilich thinking it'd be a fun and easy paintjob. But everything I do makes me hate it more.

I was trying to go for a green flame look, so yellow on the inside, and gradually darker green highlights on the outside. These were drybrushed and then cleaned up by hand. I think this is where the problem started because it's not reading as fire. It just looks like a blobby mess?

Should I just scrap it and start over with more of an ethereal glow that's darker in the middle and lighter on the edges?

I also am not happy with the base. I've never painted a 2D base before, I've always added some kind of texturing material. And although I'm reasonably satisfied with how the base looks on the summoning circle behind the demilich, it looks so bad on the demilich base. And I think my green glow isn't helping. 

And finally the Bones. I imagined that if there was a green light behind the Bones then they'd be tinted green and darker on the outside. Again .. this just doesn't look right.

I'm normally fairly confident in my painting abilities, but I think I've landed in unfamiliar territory and I'm just not sure how to salvage or proceed. What can I do?
    • By 72moonglum
      Good morning Reapermaniacs,

So here's one I've had painted for about a week or so but have never just gotten around to sit down at my normal computer to post him.

This one is one I've actually had for a long time, and it's an old lead version back from the seventies.  I had to at one point I think scrape off some paint. I had another newer version of him, but the detail was pretty soft so ended up painting up the original, whose details were so much more nice and crisp.

And being he was a "high" elf, I wanted him to have some nice light colors, no greens and browns.

Anyhoos, here he is:

I've been on a recent kick painting these older miniatures, even old by Partha standards (pre-eighties).  I think I'm going to keep painting them, putting them into my normal mix of newer, old Partha figures.  In any case, hope you like them!

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)