CMON - The Others 7 sins

SamuraiJack

This is slower paced (not counting yesterday). I really like teh Hell club. Wish there was a lot more of those type figures. I also like the werewolf character and eye-patch girl. The monsters are nice, I can use for generic demon minis. The tiles will go in my zombicide box and the rest is e-bay....The dice bag stretch and th emusic stretch hold no interest for me...

• Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must honestly say that this is the CMON KS I'm least excited about thus far.

Police agents, more heroes ... a bit meh. I want monsters!

Luckily enough we will get a few more sins on the way. Hopefully.

This is slower paced (not counting yesterday). I really like teh Hell club. Wish there was a lot more of those type figures.

Yes I like the Hell club as well. They are .. different. In a good way. ^_^

• Like 1

We already know exactly how the other 4 sin avatars/controllers and monsters look and that they are coming so not to worried about monsters. Do hope that if they end up as add-ons that they'll be dirt cheap.

Gotta agree I'm not that interested in this one so far though. I want all the sins and their monsters because they are kinda novel as far as minis go (and I love horror). The game itself looks utterly unplayable to me so I'm definitely just in this for minis, time will show if there's enough value to stay in or not.

• Like 2

I just watched some of the game play video. There's just no flow to the game. I was bored. I'll stick with it for now, but the deal will have to get much better to even keep me in for the minis.

I can't say I follow your conclusion about there being no flow to the game.  The players seemed to progress along the mission objectives just fine.  There does seem to be some amount of "open-ended-ness" to how players go about achieving their objective(s).  In that respect, I can see how it might be tougher for players new to the game (and daunting for those new to boardgames in general).

I'm not generally a fan of the survival-horror genre, but I do like the oppressive "against all odds" feel they're going for in this game.  I suspect it's one of those games where, if the heroes win it's a feeling of significant accomplishment.

I guess that's more of my complaint. I wasn't feeling the oppression that they supposedly want to convey. There wasn't any tension or sudden countermeasures that made anybody say "whoa, what the heck just happened?" Maybe that happened later in the video, but after 40 minutes I just couldn't take any more.

And even when the Sin player did "interrupt" it felt very mechanical rather than diabolical. That's more the flow, or perhaps interaction, that I just didn't get.

Edited by Dan d'Lyon

I guess that's more of my complaint. I wasn't feeling the oppression that they supposedly want to convey. There wasn't any tension or sudden countermeasures that made anybody say "whoa, what the heck just happened?" Maybe that happened later in the video, but after 40 minutes I just couldn't take any more.

And even when the Sin player did "interrupt" it felt very mechanical rather than diabolical. That's more the flow, or perhaps interaction, that I just didn't get.

Ah, ok - I think I'm following you now.  Towards the end there's more of the "high stakes" feel as they start running out of backup heroes and are bearing down on their final goal.  As the heroes gear up and the Sin player gets more monsters on the board, they start rolling a lot more dice and combat seems to become more uncertain.

Also, I suppose the "interrupts" are fairly mechanical, given that the Sin player only gets a limited number of them.  They're not keyed off of particular events, so it's really a tactical decision to use them (from what I gather).

I'm curious about the three styles of missions they have, and how the gameplay and tone differs between them.

Edit:  I know some people were asking about the expected quality of the figures, and while it's not specifically for The Others: 7 Sins, I did just finish painting up one of the figures from the Rum & Bones Kickstarter (blog post here).  As with Reaper Bones, the detail on the plastic figures can be hard to see in photographs when they aren't painted.  That said, I would expect the same quality from the production plastic in The Others: 7 Sins.

Edited by Magnus Mercury
  • Like 2

I like the miniatures, but have 0 interest in the game... I am still in, but am losing the interest I have.... Really like the Hell club though... And the werewolf hero. I love having two forms for the werewolf. I wish more of this was available... but still have plenty of time for them to amp up or me to cut bait...

So bizarre, Ali is a great painter but I agree, the paint jobs didn't improve things, oddly. The hero minis are all pretty lackluster, but it's really about the monsters imo (and of course the Hell Club being the best).

The Hell Club paint jobs aren't too bad, but the heros went from generic to meh with paint. So weird.