50272: Stubbs, Biker Thug

So I started posting hoping I'd get more done, but picked a mini that wasn't going to be quick earlier. This time I've gone for Stubbs, biker thug. I expect this'll be a quick one. I've basically gave him a base coat so I can see how it'll look. If anyone says they're's too much denim you're wrong!

I'm using the vampiric skin trilogy for his T-shirt, the 9055-57 trilogy for the denim, Ivory trilogy for the sheep skin collar/trim, auburn trilogy for hair and Tanned skin well for skin. Anyone have a good biker gang name?

post-12085-0-29130600-1441903768_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Loth

• Like 9
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There a lots of real Biker gang names.

Maybe if you make on up it will already exist somewhere?

Anyway some of my ideas

Reaper's Riders MC

Buglip's Brothers MC

Metal and Bones MC

Sophie's Servants MC

Yes!

Paint little goblins on the back of his Jacket!

Use his Avatar for a guide....

Don't forget the TM though...

8)

George

• Like 1

Here's the design I've come up with; nothing too fancy but I think it'll work. I probably spent about an hour getting everything to fit just right, the arc to flow correctly. Then I shrunk it down to the appropriate size...and lost most of the detail, lol. I think it'll work.

post-12085-0-08904100-1442258387_thumb.png

Not sure why there's a frame around the Reaper graphic, there isn't when I print it. Might have originated when I turned it into a .png When looking at the clubs, they either had multi-part patches or it was a single graphic sewn together. I'm going to try printing this up on both cardstock and regular paper. I want the raised look. 

Thanks for looking,

Loth

• Like 1

Here's the design I've come up with; nothing too fancy but I think it'll work. I probably spent about an hour getting everything to fit just right, the arc to flow correctly. Then I shrunk it down to the appropriate size...and lost most of the detail, lol. I think it'll work.

attachicon.gifSophie MC.png

Not sure why there's a frame around the Reaper graphic, there isn't when I print it. Might have originated when I turned it into a .png When looking at the clubs, they either had multi-part patches or it was a single graphic sewn together. I'm going to try printing this up on both cardstock and regular paper. I want the raised look. 

Thanks for looking,

Loth

I like it.

Although I would leave the name Reaper out.

Just Sophies SInners (the name of the MC) the symbol and the State where they're from.

IMHO that would look better and more real.

Else it would seem the MC has two names..

Look at real Bikers for the oher patches. the 1% patch and some others frequently show up.

• Like 1

Taking Xherman's advice I busted out Gimp(love free image software) and removed the Reaper and increased the size of the skull. I think it looks pretty good. I printed up a test piece and realized it's going to be pretty small anyway so ...

post-12085-0-55835700-1442322863_thumb.png

I also got some time to paint, hooray. The pics are extra bright since I had little time to set up anything fancy. The denim is done, still need to get his watch, wristband, belt & buckle and his skull cap. I'm thinking of adding a skull to the top (top down).

post-12085-0-17901600-1442322883_thumb.jpg

a big portion of the MC club patch won't be visible but it'll still be worth it to make it more unique.

post-12085-0-10040100-1442322942_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks Xherman for the feedback. You were correct.

Loth

• Like 3

Taking Xherman's advice I busted out Gimp(love free image software) and removed the Reaper and increased the size of the skull. I think it looks pretty good. I printed up a test piece and realized it's going to be pretty small anyway so ...

attachicon.gifSophie MC2.png

I also got some time to paint, hooray. The pics are extra bright since I had little time to set up anything fancy. The denim is done, still need to get his watch, wristband, belt & buckle and his skull cap. I'm thinking of adding a skull to the top (top down).

attachicon.gifIMG_2307.JPG

a big portion of the MC club patch won't be visible but it'll still be worth it to make it more unique.

attachicon.gifIMG_2306.JPG

Thanks for looking and thanks Xherman for the feedback. You were correct.

Loth

Glad to be of service.

Looks more "real" to me.

It will be a pain to resize it I guess. I hope it will work.

It's a neat idea.

You could build a whole gang. Maybe a clubhouse?

@ - David - thanks; I looked at some mini's that had sunglasses painted and did my very own poor interpretation

@ - Xherman - Rescaling is pretty simple once its in the .png format. Just drag and drop the corners. I do have a club house of bikers I'm going to be putting together eventually (I also have Peaches - 50163 and Mike Noe 50047) to complete this gang (touring style bike gang) and some Infinity bikers (cafe bikes). Might make a rumble scene lol.

So I managed to put the patch on - I had to scale it down from 4 inches to a .35 inches. So most of the detail was lost. I think it gets the idea across pretty good without being to overwhelming. Plus cutting things at that scale requires an incredibly sharp x-acto blade. If not it'll snag and rip up your pics.

This is what'll look like table top viewing distance.

post-12085-0-82515100-1442410321_thumb.jpg

Closer look at the patch - I had to cut it into four separate pieces. some were no bigger than two millimeters big. I was lucky I didn't sneeze. I also tried to clean up some edges with paint; sort of a miss with that.

post-12085-0-63636500-1442410322_thumb.jpg

And finally from the front

post-12085-0-20279500-1442410323_thumb.jpg

Not quite sure how I want to base him so I'm going to hold off on that for a bit. I appreciate the comments/feedback. He's a little shiny from the matte varnish hasn't completely dried yet.

Loth

• Like 4

Looks good.

Wow that is fiddly work.

He needs more little patches on the front of his Biker Vest.

Most of those guys wear some "achievements and ranking " badges.

So that gives you more opportunity to go beserk on these guys..