• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider everyone an honorary member of every house!

Our house just shows what we feel is first among equals....

Course, there are exceptions...

Indeed, some of us are more equal than others...   :devil:

That's like saying some 20s are more equal than other 20s.

• Like 4

So, I began to really examine why I got into miniatures in the first place. I first started painting stuff with my dad for his HO train layout, just like a lot of folks here are painting bones figures with their kids. As I got better (that's a very subjective term considering the age I was at the time :upside: ), I started painting my toy soldiers. Yes, the ones that came 100 to a bag for a couple of bucks. They just looked so much cooler when I got together with my friends to play. Eventually, I got into roleplaying, and discovered that they made figures for that, too. So I started getting them whenever I could afford to. And I painted them the best I could, 'cause toy soldiers of any type are sooo much cooler to play with if they're painted.

So, in the end, I had to go with Tabletop, 'cause I'm still that 10 year old kid that thinks that playing with painted toy soldiers is COOL. ^_^

Besides, I've got so many projects, conversions, and carefully hoarded figures to finish, that the only way I'll ever finish them all is if I accept that 'good enough for the table' is good enough.

Well, maybe not all of them, we all know what happens if you paint all your miniatures.... :zombie:

OMG! I remember painting all those 1/32 ish scale Airfix plasticsoldiers back in the 70s with Humbrol paints! Drove my grandparents crazy that I was spending money on 'model stuff'! They weren't very historically accurate, but damn they looked cool!

8)

George

• Like 5

Thanks Bryan for adding me to my new house. Now to buy more minis. :) and perhaps paint one.

Welcome, good to see you here. Make yourself comfortable, be sure to wipe the minis of the couch before you sit down.

I have chosen.

Ahh good, We have an infiltrator in House Tabletop. I knew members of the pack would always look for our best interests... hmm? hmm?

So, I began to really examine why I got into miniatures in the first place. I first started painting stuff with my dad for his HO train layout, just like a lot of folks here are painting bones figures with their kids. As I got better (that's a very subjective term considering the age I was at the time :upside: ), I started painting my toy soldiers. Yes, the ones that came 100 to a bag for a couple of bucks. They just looked so much cooler when I got together with my friends to play. Eventually, I got into roleplaying, and discovered that they made figures for that, too. So I started getting them whenever I could afford to. And I painted them the best I could, 'cause toy soldiers of any type are sooo much cooler to play with if they're painted.

So, in the end, I had to go with Tabletop, 'cause I'm still that 10 year old kid that thinks that playing with painted toy soldiers is COOL. ^_^

Besides, I've got so many projects, conversions, and carefully hoarded figures to finish, that the only way I'll ever finish them all is if I accept that 'good enough for the table' is good enough.

Well, maybe not all of them, we all know what happens if you paint all your miniatures.... :zombie:

OMG! I remember painting all those 1/32 ish scale Airfix plasticsoldiers back in the 70s with Humbrol paints! Drove my grandparents crazy that I was spending money on 'model stuff'! They weren't very historically accurate, but damn they looked cool!

8)

George

Airfix, Ive been there.. in 1/72 I had the entire battle of Waterloo collection, WWI, WWII, US Civil war, Foreign Legion and Bedouins, Romans and Ancient Britons, US War of Independence, Cowboys and Indians.

In 1/32 I collected the hard plastic multipose sets. and in soft plastic i had a lot of the Waterloo stuff.

Then came Atlantic/ Revell and such..

I started reading Tolkien, found some Prince August and Mithril and Grenadier and that was the end of saving to become rich at old age..

• Like 4

Welcome Wolf!

Now come over here, have some brownies while I finish vacuuming off your birthday glitter....

As you are in House Tabletop now intramural gltter-bombing is ok, as it doesn't start inter house wars...

8)

George

Careful with the brownies... I hear some things get added to the recipe. Plus chocolate isn't good for canines. Or hamsters really...

• Like 3

Welcome Wolf!

Now come over here, have some brownies while I finish vacuuming off your birthday glitter....

As you are in House Tabletop now intramural gltter-bombing is ok, as it doesn't start inter house wars...

8)

George

Careful with the brownies... I hear some things get added to the recipe. Plus chocolate isn't good for canines. Or hamsters really...

I mistook you for a BEAR...!!! 

My Apologies..

• Like 3

Welcome Wolf!

8)

George

My Apologies..

A really, really, tiny bear. Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 5

Welcome Wolf!

8)

George

My Apologies..

A really, really, tiny bear.

Common mistake... though i should probably incorporate that into my title at some point... 

• Like 5

Welcome Wolf!

8)

George

I would never give Chaos Wolf 'adulterated' brownies!

After all, then he would look like this!

photo-13975.jpg?_r=1442691473:devil:

Come to think of it, he did look like this before we vacuumed all the glitter off..

8)

George

• Like 8

So like "*peace sign* I am not a Bear *shakes jowls**peace sign"?

And for the younger, less history buff crowd you can add in an "Aroooo!" and maybe they'll get the Nixon impersonation from Futurama.

Futurama was soooooooooooo good. "I'm rolls dice happy to meet you!"
  • Like 4

Welcome Wolf!

8)

George

I would never give Chaos Wolf 'adulterated' brownies!

After all, then he would look like this!

photo-13975.jpg?_r=1442691473:devil:

Come to think of it, he did look like this before we vacuumed all the glitter off..

8)

George

HEYYY!!!!

***pfff... trying to be modern, get a colourful fur do...that's what you get!!!***

YOUR MAJESTY!!!! Knarthex makes fun of multicoloured creatures... I'll bet he does it to you too!!!!

• Like 3