• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You meant 20, right?

Sure, Fashends is just another word for 20 as is Legion, Many, Much, A lot..It's all 20.

A thought just occurred to me, (Scary, Neh?)

In House Tabletop, to go along with all of the fantasy figures we paint for our RPGs, we paint ARMIES for our Tabletop wargames....

Be they Space Marines, Orcs, Elves, and Dwarves of whatever genre, WWII, and other conflicts, etc, etc.

Could it be that we have more minis than House Figmentius? :devil:

8)

George

Boy, are the fewmeats going to hit the windmill now!

I paint armies, A lot of them, I tend to collect at least 20 armies.

Many of us do as a matter of fact.

I just don't play with them. An army is not meant to be played with,

It will be kept waiting, ready for WAR.

• Like 3

A thought just occurred to me, (Scary, Neh?)

In House Tabletop, to go along with all of the fantasy figures we paint for our RPGs, we paint ARMIES for our Tabletop wargames....

Be they Space Marines, Orcs, Elves, and Dwarves of whatever genre, WWII, and other conflicts, etc, etc.

Could it be that we have more minis than House Figmentius? :devil:

8)

George

Boy, are the fewmeats going to hit the windmill now!

It is possible. So there is a good deal of overlap between the houses, but here are where I see clear differences:

- Limited Editions - Figmentius is more likely to have these, Tabletop less likely to buy them because they need to find a use for them, Procrastius more than likely waited too long, and Frogwarts figured out a way to make it from what they have already

- Game day - All bring minis, but Tabletop has them all painted (but maybe with some stand ins from other manufacturers) w/ movement trays, & rule books, Figmentius shows up with the latest for that particular game, Procrastius shows up late with an unpainted, somewhat unassembled minis, and Frogwarts modded their figures from VCR parts.

- Painting Competitions - Frogwarts has modded a mini where it's no longer recognizable as the original mini, If Procrastius enters at all, it was the mini they started for the competition 2 years before, Tabletop enters the squad they are really proud of, and Figmentius enters the new hotness to come out of France (or where ever the current hot minis people are buzzing about)

- Basing - Figmentius's mini is on top of the prefect resin base from the small boutique company out of Andorra, Procrastius might not even have it on a base, Tabletop has it on the standard broccoli painted black, and Frogwarts made the base out of parts they cut off of the mini while they were modding it.

I know these are caricatures... because no one fits the full stereotype.

But from my perspective,

If you care more about having the latest, greatest, or even just the coolest looking minis, regardless of if you would ever have a 'use' for them, you are probably Figmentius.

If you don't get a mini because it wouldn't get any play time, and leave your bases black because you don't like the way flocked bases look in a dungeon, you're probably Tabletop.

If you often don't have a stock model, and feel the need to always be making adjustments to your model, you're probably Frogwarts.

If the other three don't describe you, let's face it, You're probably Procrastius, because who gets done as many things as we want to? :lol:

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 12