Choose a House

Reaperbryan

You know, there's an awful lot of cross house chatting going on in the House "Common Room" threads.  Now, it's my understanding that the various house common rooms were pretty well guarded secrets, and no one from another house was allowed entry.  In fact, except for extreme measures, like the Polyjuice Potion, it was pretty unheard of.

Bryan is there a way to set up posting in the various house threads so that you can read a house thread, but can't post without the requisite setting?  Sort of like how we have the Beekeeper's membership.

This way we can also avoid them getting locked, because they've just become Randomness Threads VII A, VII B, VII C, VII D, etc.

• Like 3

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an attempt to argue with you, but wouldn't that negate the ability of anyone to post pics of neat/cool terrain setups like we've got going in Tabletop?

You're right, though. I wouldn't want to see any of the house common room threads get locked.

• Like 3

There are no rules about it.  That's my point though.  Right now they've just become randomness threads with no focus.

If they were created to be House threads, we should try to make them be House threads.  If we are basing it off of Potter, the Common Rooms were off limits to non-house members.

• Like 4

There are existing forums that will overlap, such as Conversion, Show, Etc.  But those forums are usually not much for chatting about the specific issues you face.  It's more for showing off your work, and seeking feedback.

But our house threads should be used for discussing the pitfalls and/or fun of our actual houses.

• Like 4

Maybe what we need to do is stop with the randomness in each of the threads and keep it more "on topic" for each individual house. So that they don't bloat up or need to get modded. I admit I'm probably the worst offender...

I was thinking the same thing, Ub3r. I won't necessarily stop (well, unless directed to) but I'll try and keep any postings in other houses common rooms relevant and 'on topic'.

^^^ These exactly ^^^

We don't need to hard code it in, if we can do it ourselves and show some restraint.

Let's try to keep the house threads useful.  We can still have fun with it.  But if they are not useful, why have them.  We already have a thread for the silliness.

• Like 5

There are existing forums that will overlap, such as Conversion, Show, Etc.  But those forums are usually not much for chatting about the specific issues you face.  It's more for showing off your work, and seeking feedback.

But our house threads should be used for discussing the pitfalls and/or fun of our actual houses.

So House Procrastius discusses all the reasons why we are *not* painting at the moment?

• Like 8

So House Procrastius discusses all the reasons why we are *not* painting at the moment?

I see it as you folks discussing all the really great things you're totally about to go do like right now (as soon as you're done your coffee, and maybe check the forums one more time, and then...)

Edited by canuckotter
  • Like 5

You know, there's an awful lot of cross house chatting going on in the House "Common Room" threads.  Now, it's my understanding that the various house common rooms were pretty well guarded secrets, and no one from another house was allowed entry.  In fact, except for extreme measures, like the Polyjuice Potion, it was pretty unheard of.

Bryan is there a way to set up posting in the various house threads so that you can read a house thread, but can't post without the requisite setting?  Sort of like how we have the Beekeeper's membership.

This way we can also avoid them getting locked, because they've just become Randomness Threads VII A, VII B, VII C, VII D, etc.

Agreed. I would like for the different House members to be able to post though.

We could share Ideas and work.

After all, we all have a bit of each House in us.

Let's keep the random stuff in the random threads then.

I know I'm one of the culprits...

***walks out of thread tail between legs***

• Like 2

48 pages; too much to read. I presume the house would also replace old appellations, like Black Lightning? In which case, I'll keep my legacy group as a way to honor the fallen.

~v

HI! Long time no see! Hope you are doing well.

But yes, the house thing would replace the Black Lightning. So I can see why you wouldn't want to join one.

However, hypothetically.. which house would you join if you didn't have to give up your Black Lightning? 

Thanks, I am doing well... perhaps even "never better" well. Things have just conspired to keep me away from the Reaper, and the forums in general.

I'd say I've got a fair bit of each House in me... I have dozens of incomplete projects, often get multiples of something just so I can leave one as is and convert the other(s), nearly everything I do is intended for the tabletop, and I keep a database of all my minis just so I can keep track of everything (especially the rare and unique stuff).  If the sorting hat were choosing for me, it could easily put me in any house, but if I remember my HP lore correctly, it also takes into account the desires of the wearer, so better be... Figmentius!

But I'm BL 4 LIFE! :;):

~v

• Like 7