• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic job! He looks great.

Well deserved win, he is awesome!

Thanks!

Something that I want to note about the base is that the columns, bricks, and sand were all painted using the same colors just in different amounts. The thing that sets them apart color wise was the Secret Weapon washes that I used. The columns and bricks got washes of Dark Sepia and the sand got washes of Yellow Snow. I was not sure how it would turn out, especially the Yellow Snow, but it was a gamble that worked perfectly.

• Like 2

That's actually really awesome information as I've hadn't any clue what to do with Yellow Snow nor any idea how to make better sand. Will have to try that out.

Making better sand is what caused this experiment. Most of the sandy browns that I have are too brown and I wanted a good yellow sand so I went looking at the washes. I got the Yellow Snow as it looks perfect online but in hand it is really bright with a hint of orange. I decided to give it a try anyways and it worked. Just make sure to thin it a little more with water and actually not let it pool too much as those areas will retain the bright yellow. You can see a few areas on his base where I got too much on it. After it dried I hit a few areas with the either the Dark Yellow or Yellow Earth pigment, I am not sure which one it is that I have. The Burning Sands one would be better but I do not have it. 

• Like 2