Randomness VII: The Randomness Awakens

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. First use of Green stuff. Hopefully it will not look too bad when I paint it. Right now it looks like I did a horrid job of using it for this mod.

You grabbed some sculpting tools out of the BoG, right? Make sure they're well-lubricated. Go slow and think about where you want the putty to go before you push it. Use less than you think you'll need - a little goes a long way.  And use a very light touch - no more pressure than absolutely necessary to move the putty. (Was it Gene who described it as "lighter than butterfly farts"?)

Also, blending your edges is the key to everything.

• Like 9

Since I hit voting age I have a tradition of nicknaming Prime Ministers. Jean Chretien (my all time favourite) was "The Shawinigan Strangler". His successor, Paul Martin, was "Noah Body" (Spiderman cartoon reference). Stephen Harper was "Mr. Roboto".

And our freshly minted PM's new nickname is...

Prime Minister Jazzhands.

• Like 11

Ugh. First use of Green stuff. Hopefully it will not look too bad when I paint it. Right now it looks like I did a horrid job of using it for this mod.

You grabbed some sculpting tools out of the BoG, right? Make sure they're well-lubricated. Go slow and think about where you want the putty to go before you push it. Use less than you think you'll need - a little goes a long way.  And use a very light touch - no more pressure than absolutely necessary to move the putty. (Was it Gene who described it as "lighter than butterfly farts"?)

Also, blending your edges is the key to everything.

I'll keep that in mind for next time and yes I took them. I forgot about lubricating and tried to do a very small amount. Oh well. It is my first and NoZ has assured me he will be very forgiving of mistakes made on this. Just glad I'm only using to switch weapons for my first attempt and nothing fancier than that

• Like 7

Since I hit voting age I have a tradition of nicknaming Prime Ministers. Jean Chretien (my all time favourite) was "The Shawinigan Strangler". His successor, Paul Martin, was "Noah Body" (Spiderman cartoon reference). Stephen Harper was "Mr. Roboto".

Photo for reference?

• Like 1

Photo for reference?

Don't have one, but he was very expressive with his handspeak at the recent summit. His drama teacher side may have leaked out a little.

The honorary titles are not pejorative. Martin was "nobody" because he was so incredibly bland compared to his predecessor. Chretien earned his by proving that in Canada the PM's security detail is more to protect protestors from the Prime Minister (he put one in a vaderlike chokehold). Harper's expressionlessness earned him his. Sometimes that guy showed less emotion than a muppet.

• Like 7

I have a formal observation tomorrow. This is the first time my principal has observed my teaching at this new school. I am rather anxious...

Pfffft...just picture him/her in a Sailor Moon outfit.

Or just picture me in one and get to take a sick day.

:;):

• Like 2

I need Elfquest minis now that I know they exist.

Letting this green stuff dry is annoying. I will let it dry overnight though so I can finish the mod on the mini

This is puzzling.

The green stuff I have worked with dries in under an hour. :huh:

• Like 1

Greenstuff hardens to the point of being past its usable working time fairly quickly, but can still be accidentally screwed up by bumping, poking or scratching it for several hours. It takes about a full day to actually fully cure.

Unless of course you decide to build yourself a curing oven out of an old coffee can...

Strip the label off a clean coffee can. Then use a Dremel tool to cut a vent in the side of the can near the bottom.

Place the mini inside the can, then lower a desk lamp with an incandescent bulb down over the top of the can, leaving about an inch or so to let heat escape.

Let it sit for about half an hour or so. make sure to check it occasionally - you don't want the temp getting up much higher than 95 degrees F. Put a thermometer in there if you have one - you can stick the end in through the vent in the bottom so you can read the temp from outside.

I usually cut an actual door in the side to make it easier to get stuff in and out. I drill matching sets of holes in the can and the door to put metal rings in them as a hinge.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

Greenstuff hardens to the point of being past its usable working time fairly quickly, but can still be accidentally screwed up by bumping, poking or scratching it for several hours. It takes about a full day to actually fully cure.

Unless of course you decide to build yourself a curing oven out of an old coffee can...

Strip the label off a clean coffee can. Then use a Dremel tool to cut a vent in the side of the can near the bottom.

Place the mini inside the can, then lower a desk lamp with an incandescent bulb down over the top of the can, leaving about an inch or so to let heat escape.

Let it sit for about half an hour or so. make sure to check it occasionally - you don't want the temp getting up much higher than 95 degrees F. Put a thermometer in there if you have one - you can stick the end in through the vent in the bottom so you can read the temp from outside.

I usually cut an actual door in the side to make it easier to get stuff in and out. I drill matching sets of holes in the can and the door to put metal rings in them as a hinge.

Do they even make coffee cans anymore? Last time I was in a grocery the coffee was in foil pouches or polypropylene tubs: ::(:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/auburnpub.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/b/38/b3860fba-1896-5029-8370-a928e10f0f99/518aa0f5c09b0.preview-620.jpg

• Like 2

Obviously in the captioner's language 'horribly wrong' means 'wondrously awesome'.

CUHTSrcUEAAGAOW.jpg

Obviously someone has never seen the collection of one Jenny Lawson AKA the Bloggess. That's almost tame compared to a couple of her pieces.

PM Jazzhands...I can go with that. At least he uses his whole hand in conversation, unlike his father....

• Like 4