Randomness VII: The Randomness Awakens

Froggy the Great

Obviously in the captioner's language 'horribly wrong' means 'wondrously awesome'.

CUHTSrcUEAAGAOW.jpg

This needs to be made into a mini.

We need to organize a Kickstarter to raise the money to hire TaleSpinner to sculpt it and get it cast. It should only take us about half an hour to fund it, lol.

• Like 8

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Day at work..

I will hit the gym during lunch.

I'm in the process of gathering information on a new position.

Not a promotion, I've reached my end rank ( not planning on studying four more years and then "maybe" get a promotion).

But a different style of work.

Application process starts next month, so it might turn out that one of the first things I'll have to do in the new year is a job interview.

On the one hand, exciting and an opportunity, on the other hand, frightening, since I hate those interviews..

Hey you know me, you know my work,.. why do I have to rephrase that in fashionable words so you will think I should be given this position, you know I can do it...

• Like 9

I have a formal observation tomorrow. This is the first time my principal has observed my teaching at this new school. I am rather anxious...

Good luck!

Obviously in the captioner's language 'horribly wrong' means 'wondrously awesome'.

CUHTSrcUEAAGAOW.jpg

Looks like somethings Froggy would do!

What, create that in miniature, or ride bareback on a rattler?

Another Day at work..

With what? did it make you feel better? ::P:

Not a promotion, I've reached my end rank ( not planning on studying four more years and then "maybe" get a promotion).

Application process starts next month, so it might turn out that one of the first things I'll have to do in the new year is a job interview.

On the one hand, exciting and an opportunity, on the other hand, frightening, since I hate those interviews..

Hey you know me, you know my work,.. why do I have to rephrase that in fashionable words so you will think I should be given this position, you know I can do it...

Good luck to you, too!

• Like 3

Another Day at work..

I'm totally on board with everything you say here.  Well, except the bit about the gym.  I can't get behind something that would mess up the perfect physical form I have achieved through sloth.

But seriously, I've worked at the same place for 21 years.  Why on earth do I have to interview for a position in my own department?  Doing something I know more about than everyone there?

• Like 9

Hi all.

So, I was at a science fiction convention last weekend which was pretty tiring* and I've been logisticing like mad for a birthday this weekend, so I've hardly been around.

What have I missed?

*Travel, several panels, a workshop, and a surprise unpleasant encounter with someone who has been banned from a different con for stalking**

**Not stalking me or anything like that, but ugh ...

• Like 10

CUHTSrcUEAAGAOW.jpg

This needs to be made into a mini.

We need to organize a Kickstarter to raise the money to hire TaleSpinner to sculpt it and get it cast. It should only take us about half an hour to fund it, lol.

The stretch goal could be a Mongoose riding his faithful Cobra. <_<

• Like 5

Hi all.

So, I was at a science fiction convention last weekend which was pretty tiring* and I've been logisticing like mad for a birthday this weekend, so I've hardly been around.

What have I missed?

*Travel, several panels, a workshop, and a surprise unpleasant encounter with someone who has been banned from a different con for stalking**

**Not stalking me or anything like that, but ugh ...

A fair bit of nonsense, the usual good news/bad news items, a few people under the weather, and a discussion on diorama/vignette ideas and how to organize for them. There was some more, but someone with better note-taking skills/memory than I will need to fill in the details.

• Like 8

[...]

so I've hardly been around.

What have I missed?

[...]

Flamehawke gave away a cat to the neighbors who were moving away.

Weird [pro?] tip: it is easier to catch up on this thread using a smartphone screen. Somehow it is faster to read [?]. But it is much more bother to post a reply from the tiny screen.

• Like 7

You can read most of it online HERE...

The original paper versions are hard to track down.

Thank you very much! *adds to list* Wolves and elves are my favorite, this should be fun!

I have a formal observation tomorrow. This is the first time my principal has observed my teaching at this new school. I am rather anxious...

Good luck! I think you've mentioned what you teach before, but I don't remember... :S 

@interviews - Good luck too, herman! And, Erifnogard, why would you get interviewed for something you already have? Is that a normal occurence in other jobs too?

• Like 8

The only important note is that page 600 was not reached ahead of schedule and no action had to be taken by the temporal adjustment bureau. Good thing to as cleaning up those pesky loose memories is tough. Especially in hamsters.

ETA: @Morihalda A higher position in the same department. Not the same position, just doing stuff I know more about than the interviewer who knows I know more about what they don't know. Do you know what I mean?

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 8