• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy

I like, big, books and I will not lie...

Read 'em and weep,
      Kev!
    • By Inarah
      Sophie at the Well of Lost Memories was my RC 2019 entry.  I posed her on a sculpted base, reading through a stack of old diaries and journals written by those who have gone before us.  She earned a bronze award. 

• By Pingo
      This is Stonehaven's Half-Orc Librarian, a pleasantly sinister and unassuming character. The quote in the title of the thread is from Neil Gaiman.

Comments et alia welcome, natch. WIP thread here.

• By paintybeard
      Does anyone else find that there are well-known works of fiction that they just CANNOT read?

I pride myself on reading quite a lot of books and having at least a passing familiarity with most of the major works of English literature. I've even managed to stumble through some of James Joyce and Thomas Pynchon.

However there are a couple of books that I find I just cannot get through: "Gormenghast" by Mervyn Peake and "Moby Dick" by Melville. I've started each book at least four times, but on each occasion I get about a hundred pages in and just grind to a halt; can't face reading another sentence and put the book down. It's not that I think they are badly written, or even that the subject matter is uninteresting. I just seem to hit a wall with these particular titles. And I know it's not the author as I've read both "Mr Pye" and "Billy Budd" with no problems.

Do any of you have "good" books that defeat you, despite repeated attempts to read them?  
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      This is not the normal gaming related stuff shown here, but I thought some of you might be interested (and moreover I really like the books) so here is a different sort of kickstarter for you to look at or ignore

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1434349549/magical-romantic-comedies-with-a-body-count-in-har?ref=user_menu

basically the books are written and available as ebooks (and at least initially on publication as paperbacks), but to make them available as hardcovers isn't in the authors budget at present hence the KS

amongst the pledges you can pick up a full set of the  Magical Romantic Comedy (with a body count) as  ebooks (10 books) [I recommend these]
      or as signed paperbacks (50 sets only)
      or as signed hardbacks (25 sets & 25 numbered sets only)

or even, if you're already a fan with deep pockets the original hand written copy of "Whatever for Hire".

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)