Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Captain Octopus and Friends

I misread that subject header as "Fiends" instead of "Friends" at first.  But I suppose both could be true, depending.

Given the nature of the creatures, I am tempted to call their ship the "Sea-Sawcer" (spelling to be mutilated in various ways as desired).

I somehow missed it before because of the flash glare, but -- aha!  I love how you put one of those octopuses* inside the saucer dome!

(* I looked up the spelling to be sure, and I'm sadly disappointed that "octopi" apparently isn't a "real word."  *sniffle*)

Octopus + diving helmet + flying saucer = paradigm-shifting brilliance!

• Like 1

BRILLIANT! Not only did it turn out as UBERCOOL as the W.I.P. photos promised, it did it SO quickly. VERY WELL & IMAGINATIVELY DONE as always!

• Like 1

I misread that subject header as "Fiends" instead of "Friends" at first.  But I suppose both could be true, depending.

Given the nature of the creatures, I am tempted to call their ship the "Sea-Sawcer" (spelling to be mutilated in various ways as desired).

I somehow missed it before because of the flash glare, but -- aha!  I love how you put one of those octopuses* inside the saucer dome!

(* I looked up the spelling to be sure, and I'm sadly disappointed that "octopi" apparently isn't a "real word."  *sniffle*)

Octopus + diving helmet + flying saucer = paradigm-shifting brilliance!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

There are octopi all over the place here... :wink:

Awesome, but that's pretty much saying "blah, blah, blah" in a Froggy-Show-Off... Am I the only one that reads thread title subjects and sometimes says "meh" but sees its from Froggy and gets excited as I click the thread?

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      From the depths of SPACE, they came!

A menace unlike any the Solar System had yet seen! Their weapons--inexorable! Their strange mental powers--UNCANNY! 

Bombshell's Counterblast line has a faction called the Edofleini. Can't prove anything, but I feel strongly that the designer had read David Wiesner's "June 29, 1999" at a formative age. The Edo are giant-brained cephalopods with zap guns and psionic powers, and if that doesn't tickle your fancy, perhaps a Space Squid has used an Emotive Transductor to suck all the JOY and WONDER from your heart? (They can do that, you know!)

I couldn't resist, anyway. Tried to give them a color scheme inspired by this coconut octopus. 

Here's the four-eyed leader of the bunch, in its magnificent robe of office.

The gold-armored subordinate with Neural Halberd:

A vicious enforcer, tentacles flailing:

A four-eyed underling:

And a runtish Spawnling:

And here's a group shot!

Keep watching the skies! Guard your brains! ARE YOUR THOUGHTS YOUR OWN, CITIZEN?

Ever so many more pictures below if you click:

• By Rigel
      Wish I'd taken more in-progress pics here, but when the muse strikes...

Anyway, I got my hands on some figures from Bombshell's Counterblast, specifically the Edofleini faction. Could be described as BRAIN SQUIDS FROM SPAAAAAAACE!! (I assume you read that with the reverb turned up.)
      Decided to use the color scheme from this lovely shot of a coconut octopus:

These were the paints used for the bodies; AP Toxic Mist plus some turquoisish Reaper sample paint was used for the suckers, and AP Greedy Gold for the jewelry and weaponry. Also used AP Kraken Skin for the leader's mini-cape. Seemed appropriate.

Blue-black tentacles, eventually shading up to the rusty Astorath Red.

A touch of color for the accessories and suckers: 

Then a great amount of drybrushing in shades of orange and yellow. I wanted the siphons to be the brightest points. 

I feel like they are close to done--should I add another coat of red wash, or use something darker? 
    • By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Eeeek, look what the tide just dragged in!!

Thanks for looking!

• By Nightwing
      Here is the Drow Captain from the Grenadier Action Art: Monsters set. See my previous thread for the Thief Assassin to see the Painting Guide color recommendations. 

• By MojoBob
      This ill-mannered octopus is a model I found on Thingiverse and printed on my el-cheapo Ender 3 FDM 3d printer. It's printed in PLA at 0.08mm layer height; from memory it took about three hours.

Next to it is Sergeant Measureby, for scale. Each of the divisions on his spear is 5mm. He's a very old Essex mediaeval wargaming figure from the mid '80s.
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 5 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)