Turanil, Male Elf Paldin (Bones, #77044)

So here's my latest completed mini. Other than the base coating, which I did last week in Reaper pure black and Vallejo Game Model Color German cammo black brown, I knocked him out in about 3 hours this evening. I still have a small amount of touch-up work to do (at least a second coat on the base) but he is essentially done.

I tried a few new things with this guy, and I am very happy with how he turned out. First, I tried painting blue gemstones on the hilt of the sword, which I think came out pretty good for my first attempt at doing them. I also made use of my Army Painter inks, using blue tone on the sword blade and blue and purple tone on the shield. I really like how that turned out. I'll do have full WIP write-up on him later (I took a ton of pictures while I was painting him with my camera and new SD card, and now I can't access them because my SD card reader stopped working. Have to buy a new one this weekend.)

Anyway, I hope you guys like him. Comments and suggestions are very welcome!

post-14502-0-31465900-1442022796_thumb.jpg

post-14502-0-37301500-1442022808_thumb.jpg

post-14502-0-65211400-1442022842_thumb.jpg

Edited by Melkavar
  • Like 15
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic