The Zenithal priming didn't do anything for me on this, I think because of all the metallics... And I never tried it before....

The whole point of zenithal priming is to show where your highlights should be, but it's still just primer. If your paints have any opacity to them you will eventually cover it up. A further complication for metallics is that unless you make the effort to dull certain areas as in TMM, your "highlight" or most reflective point will change with the viewing angle.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone! Fourth in the series, here comes the Smiter. Another amazing Duergar model sculpted by Bobby Jackson.
      This is the metal version 03899, Dark Dwarf Smiter. It's also avalable in Bones Black under sku 44108.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here comes the heavy infantry. I completed this other Duergar Yesterday, this one is the Dark Dwarf Pounder of Clan Irontongue sku 03898.
      This Dark Heaven Legends model was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. Group picture at the end of post.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I completed this Dark Dwarf today. I really enjoy painting these Duergar models. They remind me of the D&D Forge of Fury adventure module.
      This one is the Irontongue Priest sku 03883. It was sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I'm almost running out of prep/primed minis so, I'm preparing some more. I recently painted a Dark Dwarf Striker and like the model so much I decided to paint the other models. Also, I wanted to convert an enlarged model to make it look more like the Striker instead of the Smiter. I made a 3D model of the hammer head and 3D printed it. Here are some pictures of my advancement so far.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)