Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Repainted DDM Ogre Ravager

This is a DDM prepainted figure, the Ogre Ravager that I repainted. The only thing I changed was to cut off all the blood drops that were on the axe blade and his leg. I painted him last weekend during Inarah's paint binge.

The stone with the runes on it is a press mold I made of part a resin base to add a little detail to the base.

Front:

post-12095-0-03901800-1442154805_thumb.jpg

Back:

post-12095-0-32792500-1442154816_thumb.jpg

Close up of face and axe; I tried to go for a rusty look to the weapon.

post-12095-0-17449700-1442154830_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Thank you, everyone!

He looks like a member of GWAR.  ::P:

Great job, I really like that very old and crusty rust effect!

An awesome compliment if I ever heard one!

Way improvement over the original.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi all.  I've got a few minis floating around that were painted when my skills were lesser.  Been humoring the idea of touching them up.  My finished minis are sealed with a coat of Krylon Matte spray.  Any tips for touching up minis?  Anything to look out for?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      "On mounting a rising ground, which brought the figure of his fellow-traveller in relief against the sky, gigantic in height, and muffled in a cloak, Ichabod was horror-struck on perceiving that he was headless! – but his horror was still more increased on observing that the head, which should have rested on his shoulders, was carried before him on the pommel of his saddle!"

After watching Sleepy Hollow the other day, I wanted to share with you this Headless Horseman that I painted up a year ago for a Sleepy Hollow One-Shot.

At the time, Nolzur's did not have their unpainted version available, so I tracked down a Pathfinder Pre-Paint and decided to give it a makeover.  The mini was a birthday gift to a friend who was running her first ever D&D game.

If you want to see the WIP check the spoiler

And the finished result!

It's still a bit drab, but definitely better than the original.  And the recipient of the gift loved the present!  Though our true adversary did turn out to be a flame-skull and the horseman barely saw any table time!  It's still a great piece to memorialize a DM's first game!

• By Brianuk
      Have finished this chap, having put some WIP shots up on the WIP sub board. 

Really happy with how it turned out, and now want a unit of them! 

In the meantime may use him as an upgrade for the friendly ogre you can use as a character in Rangers of Shadow Deep. 

• By Choppertown
      After completing my Reaper training kits, I'm ready to start tackling my old 80s lead minis from my youth.  I tried painting a couple when I was twelve years old and failed so miserably I literally thought there was no way I would ever be able to even attempt this hobby and it was just better left to others with more talent.  Thanks Reaper for making the awesome training sets and helping me try again after over 35 years.  So without further ado I begin digging into my vault from the 80s.  Apologies if this forum is for Reaper products only, no insult intended.

So I think this baddie might be a Ral Partha Hill Troll, but not sure. Anybody have some insight?

• By lazarp
      So I had this mini for some time, it was damaged, missing an arm and a hand. I repaired it using some bits and repainted it. Here's the WIP topic. I like how everything turned out, thanks for looking! 
      Some before and after photos:

• Who's Online   17 Members, 3 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)