Sign in to follow this  
Werewolvians

Fox Cleric with Mace SKU: DSM8021 Dark Sword Miniatures

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      One of the newer minis from Dark Sword Miniatures. I saw this at the beginning of December and immediately thought of my best friend. As it took me until just this past week to finally find time to paint her, and my BFF lives in London, it's a much belated Christmas present. But worth the wait, I think.

She has a little friend hiding in the flora too.
    • By HolkDiggity
      My second ReaperCon diorama started as an idea of having Jason Wiebe's Tiger Lily Mage holding a stop sign. When I started looking through the rest of the Dark Sword Miniatures Critter Kingdoms line, I quickly realized that there was potential to build a multitude of scenes. I planned out a simple story: Tiger Lily stops traffic, which would be another animal of some kind, and another animal crosses the street. The Squirrel on a Turtle was perfectly awesome for the traffic, and the Pretty Princess cat noble was great for the pedestrian. I also had a bunch of resin groceries and dressing that I wanted to use, and the Hedgehog Bard made for a great half-oblivious grocer. Oh, and the streets on the sign are named after Mr. Wiebe's other dogs.

This diorama won 2nd Place overall Critter Kingdom Anthropomorphic Animals award, which came with a pretty great store credit prize at Dark Sword. I was honestly so blown away that it was chosen, I barely remember walking up to accept the award, lol.

• By Evilhalfling
      So I was really proud of this guy, am planning on submitting this for the inspiration Gallery
      I think it was new for bones 3, so this may be one of the first painted. 

Oh there is a metal version - sculpted and painted by DKS. 
      aw man.... I need to fix some stuff. 

Also when I first based it the leaves were too bright and stole attention.  (also a criticism  of my Reapercon entry)  So I tried adding some dull brown paint to tone it down.
      I think it worked and may go back and do the same to Treetop Pheonix. 

• By Rainbow Sculptor
      So... Reaperbrian got my account fixed!   2 years of fiddling with it and he fixed it in like 2 minutes.

I haven't done the water color for this one yet.   The sculpt is finished though.   The picture is a bit pixilated which is making the face look granny when it isn't, in the final picture. 

• By KingMob
      Long time lurker, second time poster, first time upload.

Here is the Frost Giant Queen from the Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter for your consideration. I was unable to participate in the Bones 3 Kickstarter as I came upon these Bones figures late in the game. However, the participants who were able placed their unwanted miniatures up on eBay, so I took advantage of opportunity when presented. I focused on Color Theory and Texture on this piece as she provided a very large palette to paint upon. These Giants provided me practice in sketching too, which makes the entire line appealing to me.

Side note: Gratitude to those who did place these minis up on eBay without jacking up the prices. I was able to purchase the both Frost Giant Royalty around cost of what Reaper will sell them at Retail. This certainly displays an ethos in the Reaper community that makes this community stand out among others. Further, having lurked for awhile: the community here is quite kind and helpful. This is a good community of miniature painters.

I like the Bones miniature range. The detail on this miniature was very close to what I expect from the metal range, and I will purchase more of the Bones range in the future. I am looking forward to the resculpt of Vanya, the Fire Giant Princess, and her new size to match the Fire Giants in D&D. The attire of this miniature is akin to the Viking attire of old, and I found my SCA ventures to assist me in painting this Viking Apron and embellishments. The sculptor did an outstanding job and I look forward to more of their work.

The FAQs were an asset that made my first foray into Bones an easier one. I had difficulty with flash lines until I picked up some diamond files, which handled them quite well without marring detail like my serrated files. The bent pieces were fixed with some boiling water and cold water quite easily. The pieces fit together like a glove, though I admit I still pinned them. (My OCD was tingling.) I did use Krylon as Primer, and the tackiness disappeared after the first coat of paint. She was sealed only with Krylon Dull Cote and exhibits no tackiness. She has been handled and there is no rubbing off of paint.

I like how her base was round, though I am ignorant of what would be an appropriate Reaper base to place this inside of. (I currently have the King on a GW Dreadnought base, and I do not like it. If anyone reads this and has a recommendation, I surely would appreciate it.)

This Bones line of miniatures has proven to me to be a Good Idea and one I will support. I am already purchasing more of the Bones 2 line for my D&D and Oldhammer alternatives, and I admit excitement at the new of Bones 4. Based on the quality of these miniatures: you will have an additional participant. Please keep up the outstanding quality and amazing work.

I hope you enjoy my efforts. C&C is always appreciated: it is the only way an Artist can improve.

May your blends be smooth.
      Peace and blessings.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)