Sign in to follow this  
EvilJames

Ral Partha 01-109 Cloud Giant

Well I didn't realize he was supposed to be a cloud giant until I looked him up after I painted him. (Still looking for his part number) He didn't look very cloud gianty to me so I assumed he was a hill giant.

Infact I thought he looked a bit like Sweetums from the Muppets. Hence the "M" on his shield buckle.

• Like 9

Well I didn't realize he was supposed to be a cloud giant until I looked him up after I painted him. (Still looking for his part number) He didn't look very cloud gianty to me so I assumed he was a hill giant.

Infact I thought he looked a bit like Sweetums from the Muppets. Hence the "M" on his shield buckle.

Ah! That explains it.  ^_^

• Like 2

What a charming, expressive face the Old Giant has! You've done a SPLENDID job highlighting the Big Guy's finer features. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormbreach
      Hi all.  I just finished the Colossal Skeleton that I've had for a couple years now.  For the longest time I was holding off because I was afraid of doing a mini so much bigger than all the rest.  I've gotten some nice reviews on some of my recent stuff so I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at my first large figure.  I have several sets much larger than even this guy so I had to start somewhere.  The closeup pics show how much work I did on the fur for the back lioncloth as well as the wood grain lines I painted on the planks on his right thigh.  I based him on a wooden plaque my mom was getting rid of that I painted black.  I was doing more work on the base, it was supposed to have some more colours in it but I messed up on the drybrushing so I called it finished and hid the mistake with some static grass .  So far one friend has told me the blue rags pull him out of the mini because they look too new and blue while the rest of him is old and rotted.  Maybe he could do with some more staining on the blue but it doesn't bother me much.  Anyways, enough preamble, I hope you all like him enough as my first large mini!

Edit: forgot to apologize for the make-believe "lightbox" photos, but that's how it goes.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody! Hope a lot of you are having a great time at ReaperCon, one of these days hope to go!

So here is one of the figures I finished last night, a Ral Partha female fighter, sculpted by Bob Charette.   With this figure, it took me forever to figure out what color I wanted her clothing to be, so after a long and painful struggle just gave up and made them white. Don't know if that's ever happened to anybody else?

Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So in all honestly, no idea what a prestidigitator is, and every time I spell it, I'm afraid I'm going to get it wrong!

So just finished this figure sculpted by the late, great Dennis Mize I'm guessing some time in the nineties. She's a very simple figure, just a mage, some gloves and a dagger, so it didn't take too long. The longest part was of course figuring out what color to make her, which took a few days. In the meantime I did her skin, face and hair.   I was kind of torn between green and red, and red eventually won.

I really like how the photos came out.  I tried taking them this afternoon at lunch, like I usually do, but because of some glaring problems with the miniature, a hair on her for example, and a bit of lint or dust, as well as a few imperfections I spotted in the paint job, I figured I'd try again tomorrow. I got home though and it was still pretty light outside, so I actually took her in the back yard and photographed her. I think the colors came out very vibrant with this in mind.  So anyhoos, here she is, enjoy:

• By EvilJames
      So finally got around to taking my pictures of my minis from Gencon. I took a bronze for Rumscratch.

I was fairly happy with his little beach there, even if the water doesn't show well on camera.

My elf sailor was also entered, but not judged, since they only judge one of your entries per catagory.

He doesn't look very friendly. He was supposed to though.

I did a Wyrd miniatures speed paint of the Immolated Rhino.

I didn't know anything about this guy other than it was a rhino. Didn't even know the name until just now, so I made it pink. I made it very very pink.
      wish I could have come up with something to do with the cracks in his skin. I just kind of ignored them.

this guy is a deep cuts guard. I did him up in a color theory class.

I don't think he turned out too bad considering the size of the brush I used on him.

I'll probably touch him up eventually.
      Questions, comments, concerns?
      I also took a miniature photography class and as side effect, learned what a few of the icons on my phones camera do. 
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody,
      here's one I just completed, a Ral Partha female adventurer, I think sculpted by Julie Guthrie, because it's from the All Things Dark and Dangerous range.  Hoping the photos are in proper focus.

I really enjoyed the fact she had a sling and that the sling ball was sculpted into it.  Not overly happy with my metals on this one, but she'll do for now!
  • Who's Online   46 Members, 4 Anonymous, 159 Guests (See full list)