Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Got another bunny done for the weekend. Feeling pretty good on getting some animals done.
* Using another photo for inspiration, I was interested in that this bunny photo had a slight 'blueish' tone to the color in the grey. I was interested in trying to match it. Used Denim Blue, Grey, and black to get it. Came out pretty good!
* The white was also one that I needed to be able to highlight up and I didn't want to use another grey. I ended up going with the Ghost White, which had a light blue to it, and I thought went with the grey color I mixed, too.
* The colors blended well and I was able to use the same technique I used on the other butterscotch bunny of doing a feathering of lighter color to bring the hair detail forward.
* Used a nuln oil diluted for the recesses and around the tail. Worked good enough. Wouldn't have minded a little more contrast, but still cute.
* I didn't highlight up the fleshy colors on the nose. I somewhat feel it needs more of a "pop" and think it was a miss that I didn't.
* The white is still on the weaker end and coudl have gone a little darker so I could bring the white hair forward more. Using the zenithal highlight helped, but still wanted more.
These were both super fast and only a handful of colors needed, so both bunnies were solid. Open to any feedback ya got.
Now I gotta base them with something cute and fun...
These are from the Bunny Girls Kickstarter project from a couple of years ago, run by Dark Fable miniatures. They are on 7/8" washers, so would qualify as giant bunnies for most 28mm characters.
Here they are, joined by a trio of flying Peegs, from a recent Bad Squiddo campaign:
And here's the lot of them, at different angles.
Put a little wild life into your games :)
Just thought i would put these up to show off the new party making their way through saltmarsh. A party of six graduates from the civilized lands, roped into fulfilling a debt by their mentors. At least they are working together... they arent my finest work but for 6 hours of painting, they will do nicely for our little gaming group and the group enjoyed the surprise of coming to their second session to discover they all had custom painted minis!
we have a Halfling fighter
an elven thief with a fixation for daggers
a halfling bard
the blue dragonborn priest of Protos
the black Dragonborn warlock (had to create the head. I couldnt find a dragonborn mini with an 8 strength...)
and a Human ranger from the backstreets and slums
hope you enjoy them, i dont know how long they will last....
Who's Online 23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)