• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of a lovely nymph I just completed. I started the skin with a beige base coat and green shadows. Then glazed successive layers of green and beige.
      This Dark Heaven Legends model 02741, Nymph sculpted by Werner Klocke and I painted it with Reaper MSP paint.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Showcasing more old-paintjobs from one of my former adventuring parties.  This time we look at Willow the Eladrin Warlock, represented by Feiya, Iconic Witch.

I enjoyed playing with colors with her, though in retrospect, I wish I had used some more magentas and purples.  I believe the leaves on the base were painted oregano.

Reverse side under the spoiler:
      Willow is an Eladrin of the Feywild.  When her world started to freeze over, she was sent by her patron to cross over into the material world and discover the source of the cold.  A stranger to Frostrun and an outsider to this World, Willow must rely on her new friends to help her save her own realm.

Check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.
    • By haldir
      Any Brownie or Brownie-like minis out there? My Google-Fu is failing me right now.

thanks

• By Lidless Eye
      A few of the Fair Folk and their followers.

I was inspired to paint them up by a friend's mini-campaign where everyone played as Forest Gnomes.

Thopas, the Lesser Gnome mascot.  This is the second version of him I've painted, for the DM of the before-mentioned game.

"Lord, I was born a Smambling Mound!  Tryin' to kill adventurers with two attacks per round..."

(minis are actually from the Magic the Gathering board game)

A Pixie Messenger from Stonehaven Miniatures recent "Giants" Kickstarter.

An Evil Fairy from Reaper's familiar packs.

Some sprites or such from "Foundry Miniatures" now under their "Warmonger Miniatures" branch.  They used to come as random extras in the Elf packs.

And I saved the best for last.

Some tasteful gnudes.

• By wdmartin
      I'm working on 60067 Nyrissa.  She's a major NPC in the Kingmaker adventure path from Paizo.  I'm trying to follow the reference art from the cover of the AP pretty closely, though I've checked other threads on the forums for inspiration too.

So far I've got a base:

The base is from Micro Arts Studio.  I gouged a slot in it for the tab at the base of her wings.  It's coming along okay, but it's awfully muted.  It needs more contrast -- particularly brighter highlights.

I've base coated her wings.

The wings are 3:3:1 Pine Green/Linen White/Pale Saffron.  The vines are in Formula P3 Wurm Green, and the interior petals are your basic Fire Orange.

It doesn't come through in the photography very well, but in person the blue in the main wings is a LOT more noticeable.  I need to push it more towards the yellow end of the spectrum -- I want them to be the pale, nearly yellow green of fresh leaf growth, before it's had time to mature and darken.  I don't quite know what I'm going to do about that.  I don't really have any pale green paints -- I generally like dark greens, and have a wide selection of those.  I may need to mix something custom.

The interior petals are off to a good start, but need to shift red in the deepest parts, and yellow at the edges.  I'm less worried about those.

I haven't even primed her body yet.  I'm not quite sure how to handle it, frankly.  It's a lovely sculpt, but difficult to work with.  She has a little nubbin between her shoulder blades that fits into the hole you can see in her wings up above, leaving her hovering mid-air.  Literally every other part of the mini needs to be painted -- there's no place to hold the part while I'm working.  Ordinarily I stick the figures to bottle caps with poster putty (as with the base, above), and I just got that fancy Rathcore mini holder thing that I'm using for her wings.  But neither of those will work, because any part of the mini I stick in putty isn't available for painting, and if I stick the nubbin into the cork, that leaves her back inaccessible.  Plus I worry that the pressure of the cork might deform the nubbin and cause it not to fit its matching hole properly.

So I may need to paint her body in two different phases, first her torso/arms/head, and then her legs.  I'll take notes on painting procedures as I go so I can match them on the second half.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)