Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

The Shrunken City of Summergrove

You should think about investing in some opposed magnets to make it actually float.  It might take some considerable fiddlin' but i bet it could be done (even if you still had to have a tether of some sort).

• Like 4

That is a FANTASTICALLY IMAGINATIVE IDEA & VERY WELL DONE! AND I have a ton of those plastic egg thingies...thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 2

That's an awesome idea (and execution) for some very flavorful terrain!  You could even have a "campaign within a campaign" where your characters get shrunk down and sent into the city for whatever reason(s)!  ::D:

• Like 2

You should think about investing in some opposed magnets to make it actually float.  It might take some considerable fiddlin' but i bet it could be done (even if you still had to have a tether of some sort).

A very cool idea, but I think it's beyond my patience level. :) I also don't know how well it would work order the rigors of tabletop use. An idea like that might be better served for a display piece.

That's an awesome idea (and execution) for some very flavorful terrain!  You could even have a "campaign within a campaign" where your characters get shrunk down and sent into the city for whatever reason(s)!  ::D:

Ooooh, I like that idea!

Splendid idea, but using opposed magnets to make things float is a hell of a trick if you're not containing the whole thing in a cylinder.

Wonderful execution, though.

• Like 1

Great concept and great execution!  I can see this working as a place on a map as well (large regional hex map, maybe using heroscape tiles). 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Hi folks.  I've got plenty of minis painted from the last two years to slowly share with you all.  Here we have the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Human Druid 73390.  I was in need of a Firbolg Monk for my party, and Nolzur's had yet to release any of their firbolg models.  Since the character would be traversing a frigid wasteland, I also wanted to find a character who was properly clothed - no sleeveless/shirtless monks for me.  I settled on this character because he was properly rangery and most importantly - bearded.

I chopped off his sword and the antlers on his back, glued a toothpick to his empty hand, sculpted some acceptable ears using green stuff and gave him some paint.  I really like how it turned out and it managed to feel like the perfect blend between monk and naturalist.

Though i must admit, his face is a bit muppety.

More Photos Below the Spoiler:

Pau, is a Firbolg from the tribes of Frostrun. He set out on a pilgrimage like many Firbolg do, and found himself at a monastery to the south, at the edge of the Frost.  The monastery, besides providing shelter to the wary traveler, depicted a statue of Firbolg.  Pau took this as a sign and spent several years training in the way of the Four Elements.  Armed with this new power, Pau has set back out to the North to return home and restore order to Frostrun.

Check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.

What kind of conversions have you done to make the perfect character?
    • By odinsgrandson
      Ok, this is a mini that I made as a joke for a friend of mine. He GMs a lot of games, and has always been a bit fascinated by the fact that the Half Dragon template can be added to almost any kind of creature. Including ones that reproduce by dividing.
      Truly, the biology of dragons is a wonder.
      Anyway, he got to completely wreck the party with this Half Black Dragon Gelatinous Cube.
      I made it by combining some parts from an invisible dragon and gelatinous cube minis (both from Reaper’s Bones line). I used water effect for gap filling and a bit of sculpting, and added a little color with some thinned down paints. I wanted to give the impression that it picks up debris from the floor as it moves along.
      Except for the eyes, which are totally opaque so that they can show up. Seriously, I think they’re the only part that really shows up at all in the pictures, but you get the idea.

In an unrelated project for the same friend, I found a really strange bit that I think is supposed to be the head of a dragon, but seriously looks like a half dragon spider. So that got painted too.
      Man, dragons really make some poor choices.

• By Rat13
      As Halloween approaches the dollar stores are filling up with cheap decorations and spooky bricabrac. Amid all the potential projects a certain reflective skull caught my eye. Not knowing if it would take paint or not I decided to roll the dice on a few. I attached them to some bases, added a bit of sand, and the next day I took them out to prime. 

They ended up taking primer just fine, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the primer I use. Unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture of their grey primed goodness. 

Next up were the basecoats of the skull and "dirt".

I didn't get great or even smooth coverage on the skulls, but it was good enough as I was just going to add a heavy wash anyway.

The wash was a bit thicker than I wanted but again I figured it was passable and more than good enough to move onto a final drybrush.

Not too bad, but there is definitely room for improvement. I guess I'll just have to practice a bit more with my new drybrush. 

I finally took the leap and tried Uncle Atom's makeup dry brushing technique. Though this project probably qualifies as a failure, I do see the potential. Now all I need is more practice, it's not like I don't have a huge backlog of terrain just waiting to be painted.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Not super sure where to post this but this made the most sense to me. I found some fantastic miniature pumpkins at my local Joann Fabrics.

Hopefully you can find them elsewhere if you don't have a Joann's.
      They come in $10 bags that are pretty big. I don't see myself ever needing to buy more. 

They say "fall drieds" which makes me think they're some kind of organic. But they have the consistency of some kind of acorn or pinecone. So pretty solid. I don't think they'd deteriorate but if you're worried I'm sure a sealant of some kind would do the trick. 

They come in a mix of sizes but they all look pretty good at 28mm scale. The cutting mat has half-inch squares.
      Most of the pumpkins are of the artistically exaggerated size compared to a mini, and the smaller ones tend to be darker and a bit more mishapen. The coloration in them is pretty decent. I think they could use a layer of highlights but if you're in a hurry or making a huge pumpkin patch, then they look just fine. 

Anyways, I hope this is useful for someone!
    • By lexomatic
      So I salvaged this bit of 16×20 particle board from a broken picture frame. I'll be using some of my foam core to make a city square/crossroads board with my foam rollers. Something for city games that isn't too time consuming, but is also good for a wide spread of genres with the proper buildings and scatter
      The tough part will be steaming off the paper and cutting down the various bits for rolling.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 4 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)