Sign in to follow this  
Teskal

Size of Reaper Yetis / Does someone know these non-Reaper Yetis?

How tall are Reaper Sasquatchs/Yetis compared to ogres?

How do Reaper Yetis all fit together in size?

And compared to an ogre/ettin (Kagung, Nor'okk, Lardgulp, Talanka or an GW ogre?).

Edited by Teskal
  • Like 2

For the first post I still need help. :-)

Does someone know these yetis and where I can get them?

yetis5.jpg

All I know is they were sculpted by Nicolas Genovese. I don't know for which company.

The Yeti are all mostly newer sculpts, as are the ogres you mentioned.  They should have "Bryangles" in the pictures in the online store.  Little pewter triangles on the side of the image to show scale.  They are set at 1/2" and 1" high.  Looking at the various figures should give you a rough estimate to how they relate sidewise.

Also, another place to look for some cool yeti types is Crocodile Games' Wendigo from War Gods, Hyberborea.

Yes, forgot to mention Nicolas Genovese made them. I wrote him on facebook, but still no answer, yet. :-(

The Wendigos from Crocodile Games are really cool. Was thinking to get them, but I fear they are a little small. But I need to get them sooner or later!!!

In the moment one option would be the snow troll from Heresy. I love this model.

It fits on a 40mm base.  Looks like the Kickstarters got him out of metal, which I would have preferred, but with all the resin parts it should be good modifiable. Also with hot water. I think I will get 3 of him.

RESIN KIT - 1 x resin Snow Troll body, 1 x left arm, 1 x right arm, 1 x left hand, 1 x right hand, 2 x alternate Snow Troll heads, 1 x plastic base.

DSCN2292_zpsd3e439ad.jpg

• Like 3

yetis5.jpg

All I know is they were sculpted by Nicolas Genovese. I don't know for which company.

They have a very old school look to them.

• Like 1

yetis5.jpg

How so? (I find myself a bit baffled by the term.)

• Like 1

yetis5.jpg

Old school I do not really understand. Only flaw they have is their moudth missing big fangs.

• Like 1

yetis5.jpg

Old school I do not really understand. Only flaw they have is their moudth missing big fangs.

Flaw? Who said old school was a flaw? Some of them look old school because they look like they might be good solid one piece casts, not some 3d jigsaw puzzle that takes hours of wait.for the glue to fully cure. 

Old school minis are often just the mini of the creature, not for excessive work on the base that might be covered up by the end user. The base should be just enough to keep the figure stable on a level surface. Not everyone puffs up bases to some sort of regulation size.

• Like 2

I know the Ben Siens Sasquatch (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/yeti/sku-down/03029#detail/03029_G) is pretty close in size to the croc wendigo warriors/hunters, so fit on a 25mm square base. If looking for bigger figs, the croc wendigo chieftains are GW ogre sized or larger.

The specific croc figures i'm talking about are WGH-101, 107 and 108 (all of which are on 40mm bases), with 101 being noticeably smaller than the other two. If I get a chance in the next few days I'll try and get a photo of these two figures next to each other

WGH-101.jpg

WGH-107.jpg

Edited by ratsmitglied
  • Like 2

Ok, this yeti horde I posted earlier was made for Pontoonier Miniatures. They sold them only on conventions.

Nicolas made new yetis for Monster Miniatures, you can see them in the moment on their FB page. They look more unfriendly as the old ones, which I like very much. There are 5 sculpts and soon on sale.

• Like 1

Here is a yeti horde from Monster Miniatures. They have no avaialble web page, they are from Canada and can be found under Monster Miniatures on Facebook in the moment.

I like the minis. I think they could good fit together with the Reapermini Yetis.

But they are little smaller as I hoped, so I think I will get first the snow trolls from Heresy.

w4bluurp.jpg

lxcj3ze8.jpg

• Like 1