Sign in to follow this  
Unit04

Space Cadets: Away Missions - Space Leaches and Sentinels

Space Cadets: Away Missions is a cooperative, dungeon crawl style of game set in the era of classic science fiction.  Stronghold Games funded the game through Kickstarter in order to add some nicely detailed minis to the game, and by the end they included over 100 minis in the game.  For a board game, they are very nice minis and while they are mostly fine as is, they are practically begging for a good paint job.

Before I tackled the heroes and classic, Mars Attacks! style aliens, I quickly pained up the Space Leeches and Sentinels to see how they would look.  

post-8049-0-54075700-1442794285_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

In the design notes, they mentioned that they wanted the Sentinel to be scary, but still look like someone in a rubber suit.  For better or worse, the classic aliens will be a little longer since you can't really just slop on paint, wash and highlight them like I did with the space leaches.  Also, pretty much everything has "space" in front of it as a descriptor.  Space bugs, space leeches, space bandages, etc...

One thing I forgot to mention was that I was very happy to get the Alien Goo color Reaper paint on these minis.  It just felt thematic AND it worked well.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Green Eyed Monster
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296268806/board-game-bag-and-board-game-calendar/description
      This is an updated, as in reinforced, version of the bag first brought out by
      Board Game Tables .com
      With an advertised interior dimension of 12"x12"x20" / 31CMx31Cmx51CM this bag will easily accommodate several of the Reaper Paint Boxes [which are enough larger than a Plano deep tackle box to make it difficult to find a tote for] plus all your painting supplies, including an OTT Light in padded security.
      I'm picking up a couple of these for my own paints and boardgames
      GEM

• By Froggy the Great
      I have recently been playing a solo / cooperative miniatures game by Nordic Weasel:  Five Parsecs Bug Hunt.  To that end, I needed Aliens after the inspiration of the Half Life games, Starship Troopers, and the Aliens movies.  All parts are from various Bones figures.

"Anything worth overdoing", right?

(I may have posted one or two of these before -- if that is the case please accept my apologies.)

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      REWARDS
      Our campaign is geared towards producing two opposing factions for the initial launch of the game.  The Lords faction fight for mineral resources which sustain their immortality; the Omrath faction fight to protect lands deemed sacred in a religious war.  We have designed 5 boxed sets for each factions.  If you are seeking to play the game, and not just collect the miniatures, it is recommended to buy all 5 boxed sets for one of the factions.  The reward structure is setup so that backers can spend in $50 increments, since all boxed sets have been designed to retail for $50 each.  Below are the specifications for each boxed set, across the 2 starter factions:
      LORDS FACTION
       OMRATH FACTION

• By Anne
      Hi, I'm pleased to share this awesome kickstarter from Cryptozoic, The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary. It's based off the AMC series The Walking Dead. I apologize I should have posted this sooner, just been very busy. But there are still 5 days left to join, and I think it's totally worth it!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no-sanctuary

The game design looks intriguing, designed by brothers Adam and Brady Sadler. The figures are exceptional, very finely detailed and sculpted by Stephan. I was really impressed how well they came out.
      I was asked to paint some of the masters for Cryptozoic for their booths at San Diego Comic Con and Gen Con 2016. As a huge fan of the series both on AMC and in graphic novel incarnation, this is a really exciting project!

Also check it out, this is so cool! The very talented actors Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Norman Reedus (Daryl), with two of the miniatures I painted! I believe they were gifted the ones with the larger clear bases. How totally awesome of them is that? I can die happy now :)

https://twitter.com/cryptozoic/status/756988054590533632

I posted some photos I took of the miniatures I painted here:

http://minicreatures.blogspot.com/

Come join an awesome kckstarter!
    • By Darius Glenwell
      Finished these guys up last night. Will be my Sci/Fi entry at my local Con's painting competition this weekend. 

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)