Hippogryph (HIppogriff?) Conversion - pic heavy

BLZeebub

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice!  Now the big problem: What to do with a gryphon's back-end and a unicorn's front-end.  (Possibly unicorn/horse front end plus home-made "water" base = "hippocampus emerging from the water."  Gryphon back end ... mounted on plaque for a bizarre hunting trophy for a mad wizard dungeon diorama?  "It's the one that almost got away.")

• Like 3

Very nice!  Now the big problem: What to do with a gryphon's back-end and a unicorn's front-end.  (Possibly unicorn/horse front end plus home-made "water" base = "hippocampus emerging from the water."  Gryphon back end ... mounted on plaque for a bizarre hunting trophy for a mad wizard dungeon diorama?  "It's the one that almost got away.")

Wizards who make these kinds of creatures always ask the same question with their spare parts.

• Like 1

Been asking myself that..  More conversions are probably forthcoming--the griffon end could be made into custom demon legs...  Was thinking of a horse-headed humanoid for the unicorn's head.  Ahh, wizard conversations...

• Like 2

Looks Awesome!

Great sculpting and paint!

Are you having any issues with the weight causing the legs to bend? My understanding is that some winged bones minis with only 2 attachment points have this issue. (AKA Deathsleet)

8)

George

Thanks!

No bending issues yet.  When it was just on its broccoli (which is still under there somewhere) it fell over from the wings, but I pinned each leg up to the hock.  I still doesn't take much more than gravity to pull it down though...  Maybe for those taking notes:  use thicker gauge wire.  I do dread working on some of the dragons now though.

• Like 1

I would be careful with that it can only end in catastrophy or a slightly different spelling...

• Like 1

To the multiple people asking about reaper bones minis bending due to 2 points of contact and heavy upper weight combining with gravity for sad sagginess. 

my solution: i attatch a small magnet to the middle underside of all of my bases. at least on the problem pieces. i have a magnet strip upside down on my mini shelves. i attatch the problem pcs upside down when im storing them. no more problems.

hope this helps some people

• Like 2

To the multiple people asking about reaper bones minis bending due to 2 points of contact and heavy upper weight combining with gravity for sad sagginess. 

my solution: i attatch a small magnet to the middle underside of all of my bases. at least on the problem pieces. i have a magnet strip upside down on my mini shelves. i attatch the problem pcs upside down when im storing them. no more problems.

hope this helps some people

This is especially helpful if ALL of your miniatures are bats (or Batman).

• Like 2