Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

House Figmentius Common Room, All Are Welcome

Wait, you guys paint your minis? I thought you just collected them... Next thing you're gonna tell me is that you sometimes play with them!!

• Like 9

Goedemorgen Allemaal ( Goodmorning All in Dutch).

Yesterday I experienced the nightmare that we of House Figmentius fear most.

I got notice that the order I placed is DELAYED!!!

The shock, the horror, waiting longer for my Lizard and Teutonic knight bust to arrive.,..

It took me a while to adjust, you understand this of course.

No, no. The true horror is an order CANCELLED.
:blink::rock:

...the horror...

We Tabletoppers dread that one as well.

Actually, I will make you scream....

Imagine finding a figure that a gifted member of the forums is painting for another member of the forums. You like the piece so much, you ask for pms on where to get one. Pms come in, figure is ordered, credit card billed, warm fuzzy feeling grows...

3 weeks later, no package, no tracking information, no contact at all from vendor...

Spend 3 weeks calling and e-mailing vendor, NEVER getting any non-robotic reply....

At 7 weeks, leaving a warning, I will have my bank annul the charge without contact from you (the vendor) within 48 hours.

No contact....

Call bank, set process in motion.

(Thank the Gnomes of Zurich for a user friendly bank!)

Refunded 10 weeks after initial order....

But no lovely Tia-Not to paint....

(I almost passed on Ma'al Drakar because of this piece too....)

8(

George

(Notice NO Purple1)

• Like 7

I was just thinking of the idea under the new motto yesterday, so an enthusiastic YES.

Wait, you guys paint your minis? I thought you just collected them... Next thing you're gonna tell me is that you sometimes play with them!!

Of course. Yes to both first ones, and usually the third one too.

But:

- The relation of "buying minis rate" vs "painting minis rate" stays greater than 1 always, and;

- Playing usually just to show off our minis to other people.

We also participate in contests. I would argue this house is the one that obsesses the most about the "next perfect mini and paintjob".

And we usually collect paints as well.

• Like 8

I was just thinking of the idea under the new motto yesterday, so an enthusiastic YES.

Of course. Yes to both first ones, and usually the third one too.

But:

- The relation of "buying minis rate" vs "painting minis rate" stays greater than 1 always, and;

- Playing usually just to show off our minis to other people.

We also participate in contests. I would argue this house is the one that obsesses the most about the "next perfect mini and paintjob".

And we usually collect paints as well.

I think we all collect paint. Just not to the degree you Figmentius folk do....

Some people collect antique paints around here as well!

We need to keep them in vaults to avoid little drooling orange Goblins though....

8)

George

• Like 8

So I got to thinking, and one thing we should do here in Figmentius is to collect minis. As such, I thought I'd start picking a mini a day that I really like and linking it here.

First up, The Whispering Tyrant

IG_4809_1.jpg

Painted by Tosek

Sculpted by Bobby Jackson

Reaper Model: 60060

I really like the earthiness that Tosek put into the piece.  I especially like the leather waist cincher. The shaded metallics are also very well done.

*sniff*  I can't come in yet, though I'm sure I'll be here eventually.  My husband laughed when I read the house descriptions and "lovingly" informed me that Figmentius was a no-brainer for me.y

Will this Mini of the day/week/month be any mini or just htose painted by House Figmentius.

Or would that be a new category.?

Just minis in Inspiration or other sources that catch my eye. No limitations on who painted it or whose models.  Just intended as a discussion point.

I Agree on the motto, change is imminent.

• Like 7

I'm glad I've been here a while to build up a lead on post counts... there's someone who posts as much or more than me around now! 

*glances over at George*  ::P:

• Like 4

I'm glad I've been here a while to build up a lead on post counts... there's someone who posts as much or more than me around now! 

*glances over at George*  ::P:

That is because I am bored, at work, have access to the internet, and

Have been Enabled!!!! :rolleyes:

8)

George

• Like 6

New Motto Posted:

colligo vivere in aeternum

Im in ur common room, spying on ur chats

You are always welcome here, Froggy!  :B):

He is checking out the new sculpts, TS.

He wants to know where to make the cuts on them.....

8)

George

• Like 5

Goodness !

I have just covered over the last open crawlspace under my house.

I have found a use for those "Political placards" that are posted all over the place before elections".

and left discarded all over the ground when it is over.

They make perfect covers for crawlspace entries.  You just have to cut the top to size.

I was happy to see that I can still hand saw a straight cut !  ROFL.

I make it a habit NOT to use power tools, never feel comfortable around them.

So..  prepare for winter outside chore #1 is off the list !

• Like 9