Sign in to follow this  
Melkavar

King of Beasts, King of Birds

The hunter tightened his grip on his bow, preparing to draw his arrow to his ear. He had followed the trail of his quarry, a mighty wild boar, into the clearing ahead. A sudden crunching sound, like breaking bone, made him freeze in his tracks. He cautiously crept forward and peered around the trunk of an ancient oak. The vision of pure majesty he saw within the clearing stole his breath. There, a mighty golden griffon was finishing its meal of wild boar. The hunter slowly, deliberately relaxed his hold and returned his arrow to its quiver. He clasped a hand over his heart and bowed his head toward the regal creature. He would find other game elsewhere, for this meat had been claimed by the King of Beasts and the King of Birds.

post-14502-0-98522800-1443053408_thumb.jpg

post-14502-0-35113300-1443053440_thumb.jpg

post-14502-0-71144600-1443053456_thumb.jpg

Only have the base work left to do, figure paint is essentially done unless I find something that needs touch-up.

Edited by Melkavar
  • Like 22

I love your intro to the pictures!  I really like the wings!  I like that they're not all the same color.

Thanks! I was looking at some reference pics of golden eagles, and they have a lot of different browns and whites in their feathers. Tried to replicate that, don't know how successful I was, but I had fun doing it.

• Like 1