Sign in to follow this  
Erifnogard

Eldar Corsair project (pics, pics, oh Dog the pics)

I have a ridiculously long running project that I work on when I have the whim.  I have been using Eldar guardian arms, weapons, and helmets with the old jetbike rider leather jacket torso and high elf archer legs to create Eldar Corsairs.  I'm hoping that starting a thread will motivate me to get back to this but if nothing else I'm pretty happy with the conversions so at least others can see them.  Here's the first batch of pics (this is the ones I happen to already have pictures for).

post-7951-0-64738900-1443056981_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-21121700-1443056985_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-89106500-1443056988_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-18364000-1443056993_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-26187100-1443056995_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-80121100-1443056996_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 14

Ah, yer a elf after me own heart and it does me a world o' good to see yer conversions. :)  I really do love them.  I have a good number of the old eldar and some of them are funky, but I still love them.  I'll be following your thread here with much interest.  I'm also loving your greenstuff work.

• Like 2

Ah, yer a elf after me own heart and it does me a world o' good to see yer conversions. :)  I really do love them.  I have a good number of the old eldar and some of them are funky, but I still love them.  I'll be following your thread here with much interest.  I'm also loving your greenstuff work.

Thanks!  I was inspired by that old kill team article from white dwarf that had corsairs converted from a mix of Eldar and High Elves.  I went a bit more regular than they did.  It's pretty amazing  how well the High elf Archer legs work with those bike rider torsos. 

Oh, also probably not going to take a photo of all of them as I think that even though each is different, a lot of them aren't different enough to have every one pictured. 

• Like 2

I decided I wanted one of those fancy Warlock Wraithlords like Forgeworld but wasn't going to pay their prices for something I can kitbash.  Here's where we are so far with that:

post-7951-0-64839200-1443058712_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-20069400-1443058714_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-60410500-1443058715_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-87174800-1443058716_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-62453600-1443058718_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Can't very well do Eldritch Raiders and without Prince Yriel.  Of course I couldn't just build him as is...

post-7951-0-54378800-1443058898_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-14847800-1443058901_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 8

Cool conversions ( you're in the right House allright)

They look great.

*** when they're done, serve them on a silver platter, my Chaos Lord wants to dine in style this time***

• Like 1

Stop making me like Eldar again. STOP IT.

I'll see what I can do about that.

On a different note, I will be using two Bonesinger miniatures that were put out as a limited edition in place of the official Spirit Seer miniature, one converted and one in original condition.

post-7951-0-62067000-1443102972_thumb.jpeg

post-7951-0-13055200-1443102982_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 9

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of the last Dark Dwarf I painted for my Duergar squad. I converted a 44109, Enlarged Dark Dwarf Smiter sculpted by Bobby Jackson to make it look more like a Striker. I changed the original hammer head for a 3D printed two sided meat tenderizer and added the eye patch. Thanks to Derek feedback, I really pushed myself on this one. I think I spent something like 3 or 4 hours on the beard only. It is standing on a 2 inches square base. The ball and chain are made of Milliput and a 3mm hobby chain. Your comments are welcome. Group pictures coming soon.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Brewmistress, a Goblin Mage from Games Workshop, this diminutive herbalist can be found plying her trade along the winding road between Veilmouth and Silverton. For two coppers she'll let you take a swig of whatever she's brewing at the time, while her potions are always beneficial, it's probably best not to consider what's in it.

Despite getting a little lazy with the ingredients rack towards the end, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Hello there!
      Now it's no secret that I'm a fan of Games Workshop minis, there's two problems with this though, I can't paint armies (I've tried, I lose interest after the first few minis) so I miss out on the interesting units, and just buying heroes gets rather expensive!

Then I discovered their Underworlds game, getting little bite-sized versions of the various factions (often with fancy bases!), and now I'm obsessed.

This year I want to try and put a dent in this particular pile of plastic (or, at least cancel out the new ones I'm getting), and thought a project thread might help.
      I've made a spreadsheet, ran a number generator and picked the first ten candidates.

Laserian - An evil Knight and Balmonoth - Insidous Rat-man.

The Champion - Wandering Undead Warrior (He's not actually an Underworlds mini, he's one of only two Games Workshop resin minis I brought that were cast well enough to keep, but he fits in the skeleton faction.) and One-Eyed Thabron - Orc Mercenary.

Awil-sin - Fey Elf and Jafari - Cultist.

Yrkill - Sky Dwarf Adventurer and Fahime - Evil Elven Assassin.

Padean - Barbarian of the Western Plains and Elodie of the Blade - Elven Peacekeeper.

Started working on Elodie:-

Being an Elf I used Elf Fleshtone > Flesh Wash > Elf Fleshtone > Elf Fleshtone/Light Flesh, added a drop of Scarlett Red to the highlight mix for her lips, and gave her a pretty decent (IMO) pair of eyes.
      Next is her wacky hair.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of my latest work. It was a very fun piece to paint. The T-Rex fossil on its back and the different types of stones that form this extraplanar creature are amazing. I painted the crystals as amethysts, well suited for an earth protector. This purple stone is said to be incredibly protective, healing, and purifying. It's claimed it can help rid the mind of negative thoughts and bring forth humility, sincerity, and spiritual wisdom.

This Bones model 77185, Large Earth elemental was sculpted by Kevin Williams. I changed the position of his right arm and  mounted it on a 75mm (huge size) square base.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Got around to painting a blackstar corsair I modified last year. I figured a pirate always could use some more guns on their suit 

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)