14575: Tierdeleira, Darkreach Priestess

vegascat

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work. Her skin turned out quite pretty and goes quite well with the purple armor. The ice weapon looks great too. For me the yellow does create a disconnect. The yellow dominates the scheme for me and pushes the skin and armor into the background, and doesn't quite work with the blue icy feel. I think a cool neutral color may have worked better. However I am not great at picking colors and for me it's a lot of trial and error, so I feel your pain with figuring out the yellow.

Overall she looks great and will stand out on the table. Nice work

Edited by Marsya
  • Like 4

Thank you all! 

@Marsya - I was concerned the yellow might dominate the model too much, especially on the shield since its thrust forward at that one angle and on the helmet.  I have the Bones version of her somewhere as well and if I paint her again I will probably go with a blue-grey color like P3 underbelly blue.

@Erifnogard - Same here regarding taste, just ask my wife! :D

@Xherman - Wish I'd thought of using a brown wash, I think that would have helped, especially with the, er, thing on her helmet.

• Like 3