Question about some minis

Whob

I noticed that the high elves for sale don't come in a four pack like the other DHL army packs. I'm just wondering why these little guys just don't come in a four pack, since elves only have one army pack as it is. (Archers) Also I wouldn't mind to see some more elf packs come out too. I'm wanting to start up a elf army for warlord and paying 3 dollars a mini to fill it out when I can pay 8 and have four dosen't settle with me good.

I'm sure there is a good reason but I just thought that was wierd.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaper tends to make things it feels there is a demand for. If a lot of people show interest in something, chances are it will go into production. So if you want High elves in army packs, start voicing your need and have others join you.

I noticed that the high elves for sale don't come in a four pack like the other DHL army packs. I'm just wondering why these little guys just don't come in a four pack, since elves only have one army pack as it is.

the available high elves are the king, queen and the five in the boneyard>island of lost minis.

the five in the Island of Lost Minis for one reason or another were not released in the lines. they just didn't fit the vision Reaper had. and since they were never publically available in any form until the boneyard, they were never available as an army pack.

Warlord is in the process of being released, the army packs are just now trickling out. be patient, I'm positive Reaper will have more elven army packs available.

cher ^_^

Speaking of elves, I'd like to see savage elves that are similar looking to those in the Magic: the Gathering cards. Not that I'm suggesting Reaper rip-off WotC IP, but I am sure something could be done without infringing it?

I hope the Warlord Elves will have different variants then just wood elves or the sort. For people who want to play High, Dark, etc. If Reaper gos in that direction.

I understand about the demand, no sense in the company spending money on something they won't make money on. I just really wanted a good deal on some High Elves.

Also if you look around all the elven minis, some of them can pass for a high elf. So there is possiability for High Elves in Warlord.

Also if you look around all the elven minis, some of them can pass for a high elf. So there is possiability for High Elves in Warlord.

All these guys make excellent High Elves and are what I'm using to get my army started. Just finished Telemnar today.

Good close combat troops

2558-Anduriel

2571-Telamnar

2581-King Earindel

2662-Amanthas Greyleaf

2713-Ilmarin Duskwander

14018-Arnise

14046-Ardynn

14066-Prince Almirith

2551-Monique-not an elf but can't tell with the helmet on and absolutely beautiful model.

2725-Alaine-again not an elf but with the long hair she works fine.

I'm also patiently awaiting army packs but these guys will form a solid core and are all great sculpts. Klocke's elves are the best I've ever seen.

the GW line has a high elf army....and they are all sweet models. Some are even multipart plastic models which are fun to make..easy to convert.

Of particular note would be the High Elf Prince Tyrion model..it's magnificent to say the least. only problem is the prices are just a bit on the obscene side...similar to Confrontation prices from what i've been told.

Speaking of elves, I'd like to see savage elves that are similar looking to those in the Magic: the Gathering cards. Not that I'm suggesting Reaper rip-off WotC IP, but I am sure something could be done without infringing it?

Preach on brother Errex!

Were are my wild elves?!

Is it that crazy to imagine a few elves that are closer to nature that they would look a bit more on the savage side?

You know, more pelts/hides, tribal weapons, no armor, etc.

:down:

I'd snap those up in a heart beat my brothers! I have to admit, while I never played M:tG, I did collect some of the cards for the artworkm and 'The Art of Magic: The GAthering' is a great book for references.

I have wondered why there is a distinctive absence of Feral elve. We have great representatives of the High (Golden), Grey Elves, but very few wood elves. Perhaps Reaper can get some of their wonderful sculptors to become inspired by some Brom paintings, and with luck, we may be able to see some in the future. ^_^

I know exactly what you mean NymMoondown. At the time the wood elf army debuted, I was trying to work full time, putting myself through college, but every week I went without something I could have really used in order to save up, and get a wood elf army the moment the minis popped in through the front of my FLGS door. Needless to say, I think people in the surrounding three counties heard my cry of sadness when I saw the pics of them.

Yeesh, I really hate Gary Morley as a sculptor. :angry:

Yeah its too bad; the "proto-definitive" Wood Elves of the last set (or did they come out with 4e???) were pretty unimpressive. I still have some of the 3e Wood Elves (archers with shields, swords, longbows wearing studded leather armor) and these were GREAT. Also have some of their old heros/characters (they all had the funky star shaped shields). Then again, I think pretty much anything pre-corporate from GW was better than what they have now; what they lacked in sculpting technical finesse they more than made up for in CHARACTER. Its too bad GW devolved so much into pure vanilla fantasy wargames... ::(:

Damon.

Glad to know that someone else remembers those figures, Archers in Studded Leather, Female Wardancers, really well done minis with character. Then, after that, there were the bow legged, hastily sculpted one piece plastic archers. Fortunately, Reaper has found a place in my heart, adn so far, I love all of their sculptors.

Yeah, like I said most of what GW USED to have available was GREAT. IMHO they still made some of the best dwarves EVER (the Norse Dwarf line, and the Imperial dwarfs were pretty good too), and their original release of the Chaos line was FANTASTIC (no vanilla chaos wariors, each figure was unique! And the Bloodletters were SO much better!). I always keep an eye on the website, waiting and hoping that some of these "golden oldies" from the mid to late 80s will make a comeback (so far, only the chaos warriors; no norse dwarfs yet, only the remarkably inferior 2e versions). I recently bought the Dwarf Warriors box set and was completely underwhelmed (besides spending $25 for 16 plastic figures...). Ever since they went corporate, someone sucked the creativity out of that company...

Damon.