[SPLIT] Artist Con, October 24-25 at Reaper HQ

ub3r_n3rd

• Artists

For people looking at making the trip - last year was a bit of a bigger do than ArtistCon usually is. Normally it's an open house. The artists are at tables and you can come talk to us and whatever Reaper peeps are around. (This is a smaller selection of artists than ReaperCon, 8-10 or so.) The store is open, and there usually are some special edition miniatures or preview figures on sale. I think the tours happen, but I don't recall for sure. 

Last year's classes were in part an opportunity for artists to test out running larger size classes to see if it was viable for ReaperCon. I have not yet been asked about running any classes this year, so I don't believe that is on the docket, nor have I heard anything about a painting contest or some of the other events that happened last year.

It's definitely cool and fun, and worth coming out if you can make it, and I hope to see lots of you there! But it is not ReaperCon Redux, so those who have long drives or would have to fly and pay for hotel rooms may have to ponder a bit about whether it's worth the trip.

• Like 10

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For people looking at making the trip - last year was a bit of a bigger do than ArtistCon usually is. Normally it's an open house. The artists are at tables and you can come talk to us and whatever Reaper peeps are around. (This is a smaller selection of artists than ReaperCon, 8-10 or so.) The store is open, and there usually are some special edition miniatures or preview figures on sale. I think the tours happen, but I don't recall for sure. 

Last year's classes were in part an opportunity for artists to test out running larger size classes to see if it was viable for ReaperCon. I have not yet been asked about running any classes this year, so I don't believe that is on the docket, nor have I heard anything about a painting contest or some of the other events that happened last year.

It's definitely cool and fun, and worth coming out if you can make it, and I hope to see lots of you there! But it is not ReaperCon Redux, so those who have long drives or would have to fly and pay for hotel rooms may have to ponder a bit about whether it's worth the trip.

Good to know! Last year was our first, we were hoping for more classes and the painting contest, but I guess we'll see!

If there aren't classes/painting contest, we might end up not going simply because that IS a long drive 

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2

Waaaaahh! Not going to happen for me this year.  Normally I can just make a house call at the local plant but the powers that be have already booked a week long meeting in Columbus OH (oh yeah... feel the excitement.  and a trust course to boot)  and I have a medical treatment the Friday before. 

Its just not in the cards.  Everyone who goes, have a great time for me!

• Like 3