[SPLIT] Artist Con, October 24-25 at Reaper HQ

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, I booked a hotel room this past week for RAC. It may not have been the smartest thing, in light of my previous post about timing. I've worked an ungodly number of hours in the last two weeks, and could very well be going on 26 days of work interspersed by only a single day off, by the time that weekend arrives. The problem is, they keep saying, "hey, you have to work this weekend" 2 days before the weekend starts, so the trip up there could get yanked out from under me at the last minute.

Assuming that it doesn't, I'm looking forward to some good hobby-time that weekend. ::):

~v

• Like 4

I would love to go to this....  We have a job that Friday night that will probably run us til 1 am or so, but we're thinking about driving straight there right after (about 4-5 hours), and then pass out a bit before it starts. We're hoping it's a small move and we can get out earlier than 1 am. :/

• Like 2

hmmm...  "Very Last"....  I am a bit disappointed that I am loosing one excuse to crash the gates at Reaper HQ...  The two RAC events that I have been to were excellent. This year my kid has a UIL contest Saturday afternoon that I must attend. But depending on what time they open the doors, I may still come out in the morning to visit, browse, take a class, and smooze with the Reaper peeps.

A schedule would be most helpful, or at the very least, when the doors open and close.

• Like 2

Official Timing Scoop:

Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

classes start both days at 10:00 am

PAINTING CONTEST

We're excited to officially announce the Reaper Artist Conference Halloween Painting Contest! Bring out your best Halloween-themed miniatures for a chance to win some fantastic prizes.

• First Place - $100 Reaper Gift Certificate
  • Second Place - $75 Reaper Gift Certificate
  • Third Place - $50 Reaper Gift Certificate

In addition, we'll have some fun categories, such as Best Use of Pumpkins, Best Undead Miniature, and a few more. Special trophies will be awarded for these categories. It's gonna be a lot of fun! And while excellent painting is important, we'll also be judging on creativity and theme.
We'll start accepting entries on Saturday, October 24th at 10:00 am; we will stop accepting entries at 4:00 pm and winners will be announced at 5:00 pm that evening.

The Zazzle link shared earlier (and now removed) was because the image was the wrong format and gives printing errors. No one wants a bad shirt.  So we, have uploaded a better image and when it goes live, we'll get that out to you.  Or keep just an eye out on http://www.zazzle.com/reapermini

• Like 11

These classes will be limited to 10 students per class, so make sure you sign up as soon when you show up to the RAC.

We will also be running some limited rpg and tabletop events, a pumpkin carving contest, and our Halloween Painting Contest!

And did we mention that all of this is FREE???

So, pack your stuff, hop on your broom, and meet us at the Reaper Artist Conference on October 24th and 25th!

Pretty excited about it! So this year there will be signing up for the classes at the event? Or first-come basis?

• Like 1

I'm worried about class sign up too!

We are actually going to be be able to make it, so I'm hoping to be there bright and early at 9 am, "but what if" is always running through my mind...

What if you get there and have a blast?

I am completely okay with this, thank you! ::D:

• Like 3

In our experience, we are not expecting so many people that classes are impossible to get into. I believe last year, you couldn't sign up for the second round of classes until after the first round began. I can be wrong, I often am. I do not recall anyone being unable to take at least one thing they were interested in.

Don't stress out over this. It is supposed to be fun, and laid back.

• Like 9

Last year....  There wasn't a formal sign up..  You walked into the "classroom" and if there was an open seat, you could have a seat.  It was pretty informal.  The only thing that might get spread thin is if there were instructor supplied materials. Last year, the DKS freehand class was standing room only, but we all played nice so it wasn't a big deal. Come and grab a seat. You'll make out like a bandit. I guarantee it.  :D

edit *****

And of course, I defer to Ladystorm...  She is wise and full of righteous furry.   

Edited by DixonGrfx
  • Like 9

Yeah I remember showing up finally in the afternoon and being told there were classes going and some others coming up but I just hung out and chatted with a few peeps...spent too much money...and then headed back home.  May do the same this time around and bring my daughter along since she enjoys the Reaper gatherings so much.

• Like 4