[SPLIT] Artist Con, October 24-25 at Reaper HQ

ub3r_n3rd

Yeah the flooded roads just this morning was a shocking surprise. This was just in Allen and I have seen our streets get high with water after a couple days of rain and night just one night.  It was really coming down and I hear we are in store for more.  It is better to be safe than sorry later if something happened on the way down.  I have bailed on trips up to OK for poker tournaments when the weather was too bad for me to do it safely.  That was not an easy thing to do.

yea i'm quite sad, i was really looking forward to it, with a painting entry and everything as well as the classes, but we decided it's not worth the risk of finding ourselves stranded in a flooded / washed out road as we try to reach the friend we're staying with.

Even if we got down there fine today, there's no telling if the 30-45 minute drive from his house to Denton would be possible after the rains over night

• Like 4

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see some of ya'll tomorrow. It'll be so much fun.... Unless I don't socialize like last Reaper-con and the one before that and the one before that and the Kickstarter party..... I'm not good at talking to new people... 

Anywho, got to put some finishing touches on my piece for the contest. But, other than that I'm ready! (kinda sorta)

Unless, ya know my dad won't take me cause of flooding.....

Edited by Tarsemina

The worst thing about driving in the rain in Texas is that people seem to forget how to drive in the rain in Texas.

Just take it easy, ignore the ignoramuses who can't seem to tell the difference between a dry road and a wet one, and pull over if you can't see until the rain lets up a bit. Use common sense.

Hope ya'll have fun this weekend. I might put in a few hours of painting in between some time working. I didn't get what I wanted done today, so I'm going to have to spend time this weekend pushing to get books ready to go to the printer (just as I thought).

POST PLENTY OF PICTURES SO THE REST OF US CAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU!!!

• Like 4

We got strait line winds at my office today right before lunch. It was bad. Really bad. It knocked over highway signs, trees all over, power lines knocked over, the building marquee ripped off it's foundation, a structure on the building next to us was blown off the building roof.  It was crazy. If I didn't know any better, I would have said tornado, but it wasn't. And it was freaky. But I'll be at RAC tomorrow.  :D  Can't wait! On the up-side of the rainy weather, my kids UIL competition was postponed to Monday.

• Like 1