• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it makes me wish the kraken tentacles were sold separately.  Mine are presently dedicated for a swamp monster, but should I need the Kraken, I can pop them off and glue them back on that fishy critter's face.  Similarly, I've got an alternate base for my Cthulhu ... HEAD.  (That is, the Cthulhu head on its own makes a passable Swamp Horror for Iron Kingdoms RPG, but I normally keep the thing on Cthulhu's body where it belongs.)

Here's my own giant swamp monster encounter.  I like the Frogmeister's presentation better.  My only defense was that it was a rush job, since the PCs skipped over two dungeons in my campaign and reached my swamp dungeon a whole month earlier than I had planned.  If I'd used METAL bases (washers, I guess), I might've been able to get away with smaller bases and one tentacle per base, but the plastic rounds were all I had on hand of suitable size at the time (and anything smaller wasn't stable enough, since the tentacles tended to topple over).

(link, since for some reason I can't seem to post images from my Google+ albums here anymore: >>> https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipMn93btVPJNR4z3uIkHHdYq-2uLEB9WjNcmrn7Z/photo/AF1QipMOl1MGQC0KwLsNIgWXeoKNIq_CkF6f3GHLGiLe )

• Like 1

Yeah, it makes me wish the kraken tentacles were sold separately.  Mine are presently dedicated for a swamp monster, but should I need the Kraken, I can pop them off and glue them back on that fishy critter's face.  Similarly, I've got an alternate base for my Cthulhu ... HEAD.  (That is, the Cthulhu head on its own makes a passable Swamp Horror for Iron Kingdoms RPG, but I normally keep the thing on Cthulhu's body where it belongs.)

Here's my own giant swamp monster encounter.  I like the Frogmeister's presentation better.  My only defense was that it was a rush job, since the PCs skipped over two dungeons in my campaign and reached my swamp dungeon a whole month earlier than I had planned.  If I'd used METAL bases (washers, I guess), I might've been able to get away with smaller bases and one tentacle per base, but the plastic rounds were all I had on hand of suitable size at the time (and anything smaller wasn't stable enough, since the tentacles tended to topple over).

(link, since for some reason I can't seem to post images from my Google+ albums here anymore: >>> https://photos.google.com/u/0/album/AF1QipMn93btVPJNR4z3uIkHHdYq-2uLEB9WjNcmrn7Z/photo/AF1QipMOl1MGQC0KwLsNIgWXeoKNIq_CkF6f3GHLGiLe )

Link is broken....

Nice work, oh your Frogness!

8)

George

• Like 1

In searching for a monster I couldn't remember the name of I noticed the 02664 phase cat was listed as having boneyard options.  Sho' nuff, you can by sprues with 2 tentacles for just .98 cents.  Not sure if they're the size you want, but that's a pretty cheap option if you don't have some Bones to butcher.

• Like 2

In searching for a monster I couldn't remember the name of I noticed the 02664 phase cat was listed as having boneyard options.  Sho' nuff, you can by sprues with 2 tentacles for just .98 cents.  Not sure if they're the size you want, but that's a pretty cheap option if you don't have some Bones to butcher.

I have used ... Many 20 of those tentacles on projects.  I love 'em.

• Like 1