knarthex

House Tabletop Opens "The Gameroom" Come on in and talk Gaming and Paint!

6 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

Wow, that's a great looking set up!

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

A really nice set up! We had a good night with Heroclix tonight. Had a new player who had a great time and said he will be joining us, so a nice end to the evening.

Thanks! 

• Like 3

Had our October campaign game today and In honor of Halloween being right around the corner, we did a home brew scenario called “Island of the Dead”. We had 5 of our regular players, and played on a 6’ x 3’ area. The entire table was covered in tombstones, mausoleums, and crypts, and all random encounter monsters were generated from a specially made table containing only undead types. For the two central treasures we set gateways (Soul Portals) that were guarded by Hell Hounds (We used the Gorgon stats without the magic gaze stuff). Also, a Skeleton would emerge each turn from one of the randomly determined structures. It was a great time, with some fierce last minute fights for the central treasures. In the end, my Halfling Heritor made away with three of the regular treasures, but permanently lost a longtime regular crew member.

7615A292-2365-4C80-A236-804518C34A94.jpeg

DCB2A674-9C58-4B10-91DB-C842D659A6F6.jpeg

F3E0209C-077B-4C6D-82BD-4B4CDF3534F0.jpeg

2E59A600-3C41-4BA3-AF8B-99053001BFD7.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 9

At last Friday’s club meeting I ran a playtest of a Fantasy battle I will be doing at the upcoming Fall-In convention. The scenario pitted Dwarves vs Elves, and we used the under-development Feudal Patrol rules. Got to throw a bunch of my Reaper minis on the table too which is always a plus! 

CA52B301-0C1D-4512-857A-C4F91061E879.jpeg

E64011AF-0424-4EBA-BDFF-F95DFEE94EB7.jpeg

EE6F1613-83F4-43A8-BABA-3D33C5F4ECF4.jpeg

02786F2A-D7EA-464B-8ED7-0B28C035997C.jpeg

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Nice,  As always; such nice displays.  I love the little farm plots, were they made or purchased?

Chris made those; they are a towel fabric painted...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rob Dean said:
6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Nice,  As always; such nice displays.  I love the little farm plots, were they made or purchased?

Chris made those; they are a towel fabric painted...

Thanks, I'm glad you like the table layout!

Yes, as Rob says, they were a very lucky find of washcloths and hand towels at an outlet store that were both dark green and and had those deep ridges in the texture.   So it was just a matter of painting the low areas tan and dry brushing the raised areas with a light green.  This was probably around a decade ago, and I have searched over the years for something similar but never found the likes again.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

Played a pair of games against Rune again, this time on a larger board.  We definitely had fun, and he's enjoying the game...  Not to mention enjoying how those high rolls for armour saves also come up for me when I'm using a shotgun at close range... Yup, 17 or under to hit, and I roll a 19  >.>;;;

IMG_20191110_123515.thumb.jpg.6d36bd4be64e5def7f42bddfc65a7ca2.jpg

^View from my side.  It.... It wasn't pretty, since we both lost our lieutenants fairly quick in the match (it was Mission 2 from Red Veil, which is designed to teach precisely this anyways), and he won both times.  We've also decided that as nice as the current setup is, we are so investing in a table that's standard table height.  Coffee tables are nice, but man they're murder on knees and/or legs in general...  Still can't believe that Ghulam missed with a shotgun when the enemy was all of 4.5" away...

• Like 3

I attended the Fall-In gaming convention in King-of-Prussia PA this past weekend, and ran two games ; the first, Friday night, was a fantasy battle  (I posted some photos of the playtest a couple posts above), and Saturday morning I ran a War of the Roses battle. 
   The fantasy battle went great, and was a real nail-biter to the end.  The Elves were attempting to repossess a wagon of treasure from a group of Dwarves. Despite a heroic and costly defense by the Dwarven rearguard, the Elves were able to slip their cavalry around and threaten the wagon as it neared the table edge and escape. Though we had to call the game due to time before a clear winner could be determined the general consensus was that the Elves had lost too many troops to get the cart to safety even if they did momentarily get their hands on it. 

(Extra points for spotting the Reaper models scattered throughout! ::):)

A49EC37F-16B4-4E11-B1CC-FD5BFAC55BE4.jpeg

0263DF6F-2DCF-437B-9068-F2254EBA8805.jpeg

DECE7841-C242-4F21-B4A9-F8F395F052DA.jpeg

9D783F2C-243A-47E0-9E49-2B5CE0165E47.jpeg

The War of the Roses game pitted a Lancastrian force against a force of Yorkists, both trying to get their hands on a supply convey that was abandoned by the civilian drivers.  It generally went well too, but the Yorkist side had abysmal luck throughout the game causing things to be a bit one sided.  

822BA1B4-A870-4E30-A938-6F1D7C7CC84F.jpeg

F34969D9-807F-400E-B740-ED546DA36FDA.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5