Qwyksilver

House Procrastius Common Room - All are Welcome!

I finally got around to logging on again after joining the house.  Thought I'd pop in and say hi.  I can't even remember the last time I picked up a paintbrush...

• Like 10

I am trying to talk myself out of $175 kickstarter. If I put off jumping in on the last chance pledging, I might can use my procrastination for good...

But.... pretty minis...

Hmm. Which one?

• Like 2

I agree completely, but it is also what a diabetic couch potato eats to try and keep his blood sugar under control and lose some weight for his health. Heinlein said something like intelligence starts in meat eaters, after all how much intelligence do you need to sneak up on a blade of grass.

a band called the arrogant worms have a song on this subject as well called carrot juice is murder.

But why no dressing? That just sound inhumane!

• Like 2

I am trying to talk myself out of $175 kickstarter. If I put off jumping in on the last chance pledging, I might can use my procrastination for good...

But.... pretty minis...

Hmm. Which one?

Raging Heroes

Those minis... I keep going back and just staring... :wub:

• Like 3

But.... pretty minis...

Hmm. Which one?
Raging Heroes

Those minis... I keep going back and just staring... :wub:

Oh yeah. I backed that. Awesome figs.

• Like 3

Sticks head through hole in the wall ( somebody should fix this)

**** Hey all, started something yet? ***

• Like 3

*peeks in the window*

Nope, they are still waiting until "tomorrow" to start, these are the ones who started the whole "Soon" thing, remember?

• Like 4

*peeks in the window*

Nope, they are still waiting until "tomorrow" to start, these are the ones who started the whole "Soon" thing, remember?

That's not even close to funny.

• Like 5

*peeks in the window*

BWHAHAHAH!

Why am I laughing so hard then?  :poke:  ::P:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 4

/me staggers in trying to wipe glitter off

Freakin Frogs man, you try and stop by another house's common room to be nice and suddenly, you're glitterbombed by Frogs...I'm just gonna sit here and paint, and...is that a Danish?  Oooh, I love Danish

/me goes and cuts a piece of Danish

• Like 4

*peeks in the window*

BWHAHAHAH!

Why am I laughing so hard then?  :poke:  ::P:  :lol:  :lol:

I'm going to be the goat. That term and it's relation to a particular game are one of the few things that really irritate me around here.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      Since I first saw miniature terrain, I have wanted to build a village for my miniatures. When I saw sappet102's Gloomholde City, I was blown away! I know I am not a sculptor and can't make that nice of a village for my minis so I went on a hunt.

I came across Tabletop World and their buildings had exactly the look I wanted. As my Christmas gift, my hubs said if that is I wanted, I could place an order and pick out a few. (I want them all!) I kept to a conservative amount to see what I thought. Once I received them, I was so pleased. I have not found a single mold line. I had to fill in one tiny bubble spot on the top of the cottage chimney. My only complaint is with the cottage and Townhouse I, there is no fireplace on the inside to correspond to the chimney on the outside.

I ordered the Cottage, Townhouse II, and the furniture set. There was a mistake with my order so they sent out a Townhouse I for my troubles.

They are having a contest on their facebook right now where people sent in their painted models. Man, some of those are amazing.

Anyway, so I am going to paint up the little cottage first. I want to paint it up and then mount it on a (probably square) board and then do a little flagstone walkway, some flowers, trees, maybe a little garden. So if anyone knows where to get tiny animals like little birds, bunnies, butterflies, etc, I'd be interested. I was taught how to make paper butterflies but I haven't tried that yet.

I washed the cottage with soapy water, rinsed it and let it air dry. I then primed it with spray on primer. I will be starting with the inside as to me, that just makes good sense since I will be holding it on the outside. When I get to the outside, I want to use different colored "stones" like it is found stone rather than quarried. Kind of like this picture:

(Sorry, had to remove the picture. Got a takedown notice from Getty Images. --Kit)

Townhouse I, Townhouse II, Cootage and furniture

Aerial view of furniture

Front of cottage (will post more of exterior when ready to start painting the exterior.)

Interior

Interior

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      In accordance with the title of May's hobby goal section, and getting a bit bored with using the same colors over and over, I decided to open up the Box of Waiting and found these....

(back left corner) 2 Wizkids Blink Hounds
      (back to us as NSFW) Vampire with Victim
      (big guy in the back) Dungeon Saga Zombie Ogre Wizard
      (in front of Zombie Ogre) Dungeon Saga Necromancer
      (right of Zombie Ogre) 2 Wizkids Ghouls
      (right of Ghouls) Female Wraith from Graveyard Expansion
      (next to Necromancer) Undead Wolf from Graveyard Expansion
      (next to Wolf) Female Mad Scientist
      (next to Mad Scientist) Stone
      (next to Stone) Reaper WW2 Zombie German
      (last on right) Orc from Learn to Paint kit
      (front rank) various Mousings from the Tavern Set and Thankgiving and Christmas Mouslings.
      There's more, but this is everything that has had more than priming applied. 

First up was the Female Mad Scientist, who was one of the first minis I bought when I got back into the hobby. I started on her not long before I left Austin, and while I was happy with how most of her came out, I got a bit lost in what to do with her base. Her weapon and smiting glove were also unfinished. There's a touch up on her face from where she got chipped in transit, but the patch doesn't seem to show in pictures. (yay!)

I got her weapons finished, a bit of purple on her hat ribbon, and the beginings of her base.

The wraith, wolf, and ghouls received a coat of black wash over the parts that were already gray, and the wraith and wolf got further applications of Storm Gray. The skin on the ghouls was a base of Vampire Skin washed with Rainy Gray. Now that I have the rest of the triad, I can start getting them highlighted.
    • By peepster1976
      Changing picture forums. And since I am enjoying the KS bones 3 alot! And backing Bones 4... Reaper is the logical choice, so i would like to share some miniature painting, some old and new, of mine her.
      Thx for your C&C.

Big fan of the work from Tabletop world....

• By Ludo
      Only 359 more days till the Meet and Greet!!!

Per the magnet from the swag bag, ReaperCon 2016 is April 28-May1.
      (Like most timey wimey physics type sciences, this is is only an approximate time frame and may be subject to but not exclusive the following conditions: The chance the hotel might lose the reservation. Important holy days on the Space Calendar, Quantum Mechanix,  Faster than light travel, Goblin invasions, Paint shortages, Bones III release announcements, Brian's hat achieving world domination,  Ryan Reynolds announces that he is Deadpool in real life, Pingo licks a brush, Chitauri invasion,   Soonâ„¢)

Goals for me for next year:
      Enter a piece into painters worthy of 3 bronze votes 
      Take Teh Girlfriend
      Costumes
      Custom ribbons
      Run late night survival speed paint
      Build an orphanage for all my excess dice. (I gave away lots this year but I still came home with at least a pound of excess)
      Hang out with Doc Bedlam for at least an hour. 

Bonus Goal(s):
      Enter a piece into each of the paint contest
    • By Sirithiliel
      Grab a scalpel, help yourself to the Green Stuff, and let's get to making our imagination come to life!

Share your projects, ask for advice! We're here to help each other, veterans and newbies alike!
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 301 Guests (See full list)