Sign in to follow this  
Kovbasa

03220 & 03221: Barrow Wardens & Keeper

Love them, they look fantastic and I'd take them in a heartbeat. You're right, rust might be a little thick, but have you considered painting the edges with a bit of steel to make that part look like it's still a little bright? Citadel had a video about Ryza Rust where they showed a couple techniques, it really makes a difference. I am SO using these techniques when I snag a couple bottles of this and Typhus Corrosion in about 2 weeks. Here's the link if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px18NSorf1g

If you're going for a rusted look, you may as well do it big; your rust is STRIKING & compliments the bone tones nicely. WELL DONE!

I tend to imagine that reanimated Skeletons just continue the practices/habits they had developed in life; SO, they obsessively polish & oil their weapons & armor. That's why my Living Impaired are unstylishly snappy dressers...at least until all the polishing & oiling wears their weapons & armor out. 

• Like 2

Love them, they look fantastic and I'd take them in a heartbeat. You're right, rust might be a little thick, but have you considered painting the edges with a bit of steel to make that part look like it's still a little bright? Citadel had a video about Ryza Rust where they showed a couple techniques, it really makes a difference. I am SO using these techniques when I snag a couple bottles of this and Typhus Corrosion in about 2 weeks. Here's the link if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px18NSorf1g

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. The steel edging is a great idea.

If you're going for a rusted look, you may as well do it big; your rust is STRIKING & compliments the bone tones nicely. WELL DONE!

I tend to imagine that reanimated Skeletons just continue the practices/habits they had developed in life; SO, they obsessively polish & oil their weapons & armor. That's why my Living Impaired are unstylishly snappy dressers...at least until all the polishing & oiling wears their weapons & armor out. 

You know, I'd never considered that.  It makes a lot of sense, and I might have to give that a shot in the future.  Thanks for the idea.

• Like 2

Yes, but if they're practicing habits they had in life, some of them might have been real slobs.

• Like 1

I think the rust effect I perfect, looks like they've been buried in a damp dank cairn for the right amount of time to rust over the metals.

Good work.

• Like 1