Super Dungeon Legends

Mattnuke

Aren't most rpgs luck based? Dice are cruel mistresses. But I think it's each hero has their own strengths, in classic mode it's more like a duel of wits, but arcade is more teamwork. Plus the loot you get can help a ton. Rulebook includes options to make the heroes or consul more powerful too.

• Like 1

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't most rpgs luck based? Dice are cruel mistresses.

Of course ^_^ !!

But all games have a certain amount of luck and strategy. If it is just luck it becomes boring. If it is all strategy it loses appeal to casual players.

But I think it's each hero has their own strengths, in classic mode it's more like a duel of wits, but arcade is more teamwork. Plus the loot you get can help a ton.

Rulebook includes options to make the heroes or consul more powerful too.

Well on BGG and the sodapop forums are lists with hero ratings. The veteran players that were making those lists are quite similar in their rating of the individual heroes; the maximum difference is usually only one step up or down, never two or more (well tbh: in just one case). They both rate for instance Princess Malya and Royal Paladin as extremely powerful ("SS" rating) and Deeproot Treant, Thundervale Huntress and Royal Warden as very weak ("C" rating). On a scale of Super Strong (SS), Strong (S), Average (A), Below Average (B) and Weak ("C").

So with such huge differences one would expect the hero choice to have a major impact on the outcome of the game. What I meant is that in order to encourage people to pick the less powerful heroes you could for instance give heroes ratings and have a house rule that the heroes on average must have an "average" rating.

@Findariel, I'm not familiar with Miniature Market on Black Friday, it will be my first for the site. I have 5 hero add-ons sitting in my cart and hoping to hit the free shipping. I know I can pad it with Krosmaster for my friend and Reaper Miniatures for myself. ^__^

Let's wait and see! MM offers the minis I want for far lower prices than SodaPop but shipping is so much more that it is still more expensive.

So I'm more or less hoping that SodaPop offers something extra on black friday as I don't see MM lowering the prices any further.

Edited by Findariel
  • Like 1

@Findariel, I'm not familiar with Miniature Market on Black Friday, it will be my first for the site. I have 5 hero add-ons sitting in my cart and hoping to hit the free shipping. I know I can pad it with Krosmaster for my friend and Reaper Miniatures for myself. ^__^

With those 50% discounts on a lot of heroes and the zombie warband I couldn't resist ..

Very much looking forward to these!! :blush:

No more kickstarters for me the coming months .. thanksfully there's nothing really interesting coming our way the coming months (that I know of)!

edit: does anyone know if the sodapop webshop also does black friday offers?

Edited by Findariel

With those 50% discounts on a lot of heroes and the zombie warband I couldn't resist ..

No more kickstarters fore me the coming months ..

Yup! I ended up with 9 heroes and a bunch of Bones figures. :D

No clue about Soda Pop, but man that would hurt more in the money area.

• Like 1

No more kickstarters for me the coming months .. thanksfully there's nothing really interesting coming our way the coming months (that I know of)!

I couldn't resist the Stilt Town Zombie Warband and another hero either. I've been wanting Maire-Claude and the zombie bunny for a while. MM also had the Mistmourn Coast Warband on sale for $22 last month. I don't know if Soda Pop will have any sales but I'd be surprised if they ever had comparable deals to Miniature Market.

• Like 1

Doing a quick search, it was 15% off storewide in 2013. However we should probably curb the discussion of retail purchases lest this thread is closed off similar to Kingdom Death. ^__^

Regardless, I'm excited about the amount of chibis coming in from the kickstarter. I went completionist level (that last tier they added).

• Like 2

I couldn't resist the Stilt Town Zombie Warband and another hero either. I've been wanting Maire-Claude and the zombie bunny for a while. MM also had the Mistmourn Coast Warband on sale for $22 last month. I don't know if Soda Pop will have any sales but I'd be surprised if they ever had comparable deals to Miniature Market.

Well for Euro people (like me) it's slightly different because MM asks a lot more shipping costs, often 3-4 times as much as SP.

Doing a quick search, it was 15% off storewide in 2013. However we should probably curb the discussion of retail purchases lest this thread is closed off similar to Kingdom Death. ^__^

Regardless, I'm excited about the amount of chibis coming in from the kickstarter. I went completionist level (that last tier they added).

I went for legendary but seriously considering adding the 2 boss packs as well ..

And lol, well .. I won't mind any tips in a pm ... ^_^

By the way, from the fb page of sodapop:

Q: Will you guys be having any Black Friday/cyber Monday deals?
Soda Pop Miniatures: I think we got a thing or two in the works...
Edited by Findariel
  • Like 3

I couldn't resist the Stilt Town Zombie Warband and another hero either. I've been wanting Maire-Claude and the zombie bunny for a while. MM also had the Mistmourn Coast Warband on sale for $22 last month. I don't know if Soda Pop will have any sales but I'd be surprised if they ever had comparable deals to Miniature Market.

Well for Euro people (like me) it's slightly different because MM asks a lot more shipping costs, often 3-4 times as much as SP.

I went for legendary but seriously considering adding the 2 boss packs as well ..

And lol, well .. I won't mind any tips in a pm ... ^_^

By the way, from the fb page of sodapop:

Q: Will you guys be having any Black Friday/cyber Monday deals?

Soda Pop Miniatures: I think we got a thing or two in the works...

If my wallet had fists,it would be shaking them at you. XD

• Like 1

Ah, I never realized Soda Pop had such lower shipping to Europe. That's good to know. It sounds kind of like shopping the Reaper store where free shipping is the big discount. 

And they have 20% off today .. I wish I had waited with ordering from MM ... :blink: