Super Dungeon Legends

Mattnuke

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The minis look cute! How's the gameplay?

I still think I must decline this KS. I do not think I will get a lot of my friends playing along .. :mellow:

The gameplay is a lot of fun, but the first time through can take a long time and the rules need to be clearer. Hopefully the rewritten rules will help out. This game has been a big hit in my house. This new version can be played like a normal hack and slash with lots of unique moves for board control.. or as a Decent Descent style campaign with a more story/quest driven feel that lets you level up and improve and keep gear from session to session. These are new mechanics, but normal gameplay has been great fun. It's more comical than other dungeon crawl fantasy board games. Not everybody is into that, but it's great fun. Bringing down an ogre mini-boss (Rex) with a pet goat was one of the highlights we had. 

Some of the expansions have specific classic game references like Link, Mario, Princes Peach, Bowser, Super Mario themed turtles, etc.. The standard 1.0 and 2.0 game has a D&D meets Gauntlet feel. 

Edited by CorallineAlgae

12 hours after the project started and all this was unlocked:

6e6454773eadd092802889bc191d43c3_origina

We have alternate gender sculpt of some of 3 original heroes, 3 new pets, 2 brand new heroes, a new drider mini-boss, a map, and a Shadow Tower spawn point. Another alternate gender sculpt is about to unlock, the Black Ember Mage. Old school Final Fantasy players will appreciate this one. ^_~

65469fc09636e91dc32214f007ff5f4d_origina

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/super-dungeon-explore-legends

Well, not really all that exciting so far. Gonna see what unlocks.

Not that exciting as in, I have the first game so resculpts aren't super interesting. I wish they showed more from the not Drow spider tower. I think that will be the one I really like :)

FUNDED! In under 15 minutes lol.

One of the pledge levels give you the rules update w/o all the minis, plus the three expansions, if you didn't want all the minis. I fear that I must get the complete package, because I want it all :blush:

• Like 2

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sodapopminiatures/super-dungeon-explore-legends

Well, not really all that exciting so far. Gonna see what unlocks.

Not that exciting as in, I have the first game so resculpts aren't super interesting. I wish they showed more from the not Drow spider tower. I think that will be the one I really like :)

FUNDED! In under 15 minutes lol.

One of the pledge levels give you the rules update w/o all the minis, plus the three expansions, if you didn't want all the minis. I fear that I must get the complete package, because I want it all :blush:

I ended up going all in. I did a crap job painting the original minis since I was so frustrated after gluing them all together. At least there is no assembly in their new stuff :)

• Like 1

Yes.  Those first ones were terrible to assemble.  I did it with plastic glue the first time (as I thought they were), and they all fell apart, and I had to re-do them all.  Plus, they have the hardest, most-annoying mold-lines this side of Mantic.

• Like 1

Yes.  Those first ones were terrible to assemble.  I did it with plastic glue the first time (as I thought they were), and they all fell apart, and I had to re-do them all.  Plus, they have the hardest, most-annoying mold-lines this side of Mantic.

Interesting -- wouldn't you want to remove the mold lines before assembly? How was it to remove mold lines from their mini's for the pre-assembled models? TIA!

Yes. Those first ones were terrible to assemble. I did it with plastic glue the first time (as I thought they were), and they all fell apart, and I had to re-do them all. Plus, they have the hardest, most-annoying mold-lines this side of Mantic.

Interesting -- wouldn't you want to remove the mold lines before assembly? How was it to remove mold lines from their mini's for the pre-assembled models? TIA!

I've unassembled anything that's fiddly from Forgotten King. That being said, a really sharp Xacto knife and patience are your friends.

• Like 1