Mattnuke

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want 2 plastic games.

ES5G1.gif

So, SDE. I'm in for the Dark Consul pledge. I can't for the moment justify to myself buying 2nd Edition, as I already have SDE1, FK and it looks like 2ndEd comes with less minis than SD1.

I hope they keep the add-ons to a minimum.

Does anyone have a picture with 1st and 2nd edition minis next to each other, to compare size ,style and detail?

Edited by Godfather Punk
  • Like 2

I only have SDE and VonDrakk. So I wanted it all :) 

When I painted SDE I still didn't know much of anything about painting and they were very poorly primed and painted in a way they were all one dark drab tone and no one really popped on the game board. I hope to make my second version far more "poppish"

I don't know if there is a side by side, Soda Pop would need to provide since they are most likely the only ones with the new SDE figs.

Edited by Bathory

Amazon apparently has SDE1 50% off right now, so the question is, is the Explorer pledge worth it cost wise..  I've always thought this would be fun to play with the grandkids, but my wife will give me voodoo eyes if I drop $150 without a reason

You would need to use the PDF rules and buy the Upgrade Deck to get the 2.0 cards in order to play the original SDE using the new rules, so the savings isn't quite as good as you think, even though it does have more minis (including the treasure chests and boo booties). It might be better to buy Forgotten King over the original game. It has 2.0 rules, cards, and game boards. If you are choosing between the original game or the new one, I'd go with the new one from the kickstarter. It will come with a print copy of the most recent rules (it's the only way to get it) and all new treasure, loot & explore cards. If you wanted a SDE game to play with your grandkids this year, Forgotten King is the best option. Hope that helps Samurai.

• Like 1

So, SDE. I'm in for the Dark Consul pledge. I can't for the moment justify to myself buying 2nd Edition, as I already have SDE1, FK and it looks like 2ndEd comes with less minis than SD1.

I hope they keep the add-ons to a minimum.

Does anyone have a picture with 1st and 2nd edition minis next to each other, to compare size ,style and detail?

I'm in for the Dark Council pledge for the same reasons. It's tempting to get 2.0 mostly for the new rule book, and new explore, loot, & treasure cards. The new kobold minis can be used as upgraded monsters with the "Monster Upgrade Deck" from Legends. It makes them tougher against higher level heroes. I'm tempted to go all in but I have so many kobolds from 1.0 already. 

Soda Pop said that they will only have one add-on in the kickstarter. They're running it a lot like Blood Rage which is music to my ears. 

The biggest difference between the old and the new minis is preassembly. Only a small number will need any gluing at home. The size of the miniature bases is the same from 1.0 to 2.0 so I doubt the scale very different (but I could be wrong). The new kobolds do look a bit less comical. If I get the new set It'll be for the physical rule book, new tiles, cards, and to use the new sculpts for the "Monster Upgrade Deck" kobolds, ogre and dragon. Now that monsters can level up, getting new kobold sculpts doesn't seem quite as useless, but I'm still on the fence. 

I am in till the end.  They are a good deal.  Iike the minis.  Someday, I will paint the and play. :D  I just wish the mold lines were easier to remove.  You practically need a blowtorch.

I have plastic sanding needles (white and blue ones) and they work amazing. I've never had a problem getting the mold lines off any of my SDE figs.

• Like 1

I am in till the end.  They are a good deal.  Iike the minis.  Someday, I will paint the and play. :D  I just wish the mold lines were easier to remove.  You practically need a blowtorch.

I have plastic sanding needles (white and blue ones) and they work amazing. I've never had a problem getting the mold lines off any of my SDE figs.

Coarse 150 grit or Fine 320 grit? Where did you pick them up? TIA!

I've also used an engraving pen, under $10 at Harbor Freight.

Edited by ced1106